| May 4 2009 (Japan) |
May 4 2009 (North America)
May 6 2009 (Europe)
May 6 2009 (Australia)
| Single Player |
|Media Included||Wii Disc|
Wrapped Up is a crossover game by Vined Inc. featuring characters from their most notable games as well as themes taken from these games. It is a platforming game for the Nintendo Wii and is due to be released around the world within a week of eachother around May 2009. It is also considered to be canon for the series that the characters that it appears in, it was rumoured to be a ploy to revive the characters of Iron and Amber but Vined Inc. has denied these rumours.
The slogan for the game is "The Best so Far" and is even featured on the front of the cover. The cover is all silhouettes with the two children in the middle being Iron and Amber while the woman represents the hardworking women which are often main characters in Vined Inc games (Jenny, Joy etc.) and the man represents the creepy men which are a common theme in Vined Inc games (Eustace, Renald, Bryan etc.)
After having defeated the elite four and caught a great deal of pokemon in Kanto, Johto and the Sevii Islands Iron and Amber grow bored so Elm suggests that they travel the globe and become ultimate pokemon masters in places where there are little or no pokemon, which the children find is a good idea however trouble soon follows them as they arrested in Saffrron City by Detective Jenny who believes that they are agents for the nototious criminal Eustace. However they are soon proven innocent but they find that Jesse and James have returned and so they go around Kanto with the assistance of the police to try and find the two rockets.
The kids indeed find and defeat the rockets however Jenny and Marble come in at the wrong time and they go free, Jenny and Marble then request that they go to the Sevii Islands because there has been a poaching problem there knowing the children can handle themselves and Jenny and Marble are very busy. Iron and Amber take this oppurtunity to meet up with their friend Copal, however she finds that the poaching problem is all to real, they defeat the poachers here and are then told that the Orange Archipealgo is under attack.
The two children sail away as quick as possible and when they get there they meet a pink haired girl named Joy and her friend Reggie who were told to meet them by Jenny and Marble, they are already fighting the poachers but they thank them for the help. The two are about to go into the deep of the woods with Joy and Reggie when they get a call from Professor Elm who tells them to hurry to Burbong, they hurry off to Burbong with the blessings of Joy and Reggie.
In Burbong they find that Butch and Cassidy have been causing havoc so Professor Willow sends the two out with two tour guides five year olds Ted and Alice. They find and defeat the rockets when they are mysteriously pulled back in time with some sort of strange rift. Back in time they meet with five babies who tell them that they are the ones who are to decide who gets the star power, they are confused and run away only to run into Prince K. Rool who tells them that he deserves the star power. They discover the princes is evil and they run back to the children, together they defeat K. Rool and the two decide that Funky deserves the star power for his powerful artillery and exceptional bravery, however they do not actually get a say in who gets the Star Power.
The two children are sent back to the present however they find themselves in a strange place called Toad Town where they meet up with two Koopa Troopas Kolorado and Kooper, they try and catch the Koopas only to fail and insult them after a friendly spar they find that they are not enemies. Kolorado then tells them that an evil woman by the name of Dakota has been trying to take over the Mushroom Kingdom, they vow to help them out however they can and travel around the kingdom and find Dakota only to have her escape to Lavalava Island, along the way they meet a tyke named Jr. Troopa who won't leave them alone!
They surf down to Lavalava Island only to be followed by Jr. Troopa, here they find a Yoshi named Yoyo and a Cheep-Cheep named Sushie who know where Dakota is, they team up and defeat the evil woman. Sushie then tells them that their friend Chuck from Isle Delfino has said that he's been bothered by some hoodlums in Isle Delfino recently. The two can then decide to go down to Isle Delfino if they do they are put on a boat and sent down where they meet up with Chuck, together they scare off the hoodlums and save his business, if not they are sent straight to a washed up island home to a Tiger.
Timber is the tiger's name he is very excited to have new play friends however his excitement soon fades when Captain Blackeye turns up and attacks the island. The three team up and defeat the captain and leave him marooned on the island with Timber and his family because Iron and Amber use his ship to take them to Videoland a far off land. However they don't make it first go and land in a place called the Outskirts where they meet King Charles.
King Charles is a very kind man and shows the two children a way out of the Outskirts, they try to get him to come too but he says that he has to wait for his friends to get better they were recently injured in a war. When they find themselves in Videoland they meet up with Kevin and Lara two very friendly people who help them find the Mother Brain who Kevin said he thought he defeated by clearly he didn't.
The three find the Mother Brain and her assistant Eustace, Eustace quickly flees and the Mother Brain restricts Kevin, Iron and Amber work hard and defeat the Mother Brain, she teleports away presumadly to build up power again. Kevin and Lara are thankful to the children who feel that they didn't do enough because they still escaped. Lara thanks them by sending them back home where Elm declares that they are indeed true Pokemon Masters much more than "that Loser Red" as he says it.
Also, a post credits scene shows Captain Blackeye standing on the beach of the island. He has a greenish tint on his face. He gives a smirk look to the player.
- Iron - Iron is one of the two main characters as they were Vined's first characters. Iron and his best friend Amber are travelling around Kanto when they are held up with some problem with a mysterious man named Eustace. Iron and his friends have to jetset around the world to save it.
- Amber - Amber is one of the two main characters as they were Vined's first characters. Amber and her best friend Iron are travelling around Kanto when they are held up with some problem with a mysterious man named Eustace. Amber and her friends have to jetset around the world to save it.
- Copal - Copal appears as the main guide around the Sevii Islands and helps out her two friends when she can, she says that she wishes she could go with them on their mission but she has to remain on the islands, she quips that she will get a bigger role in the second version of the game a reference to the way that Pokemon Copal was released after Iron and Amber. She is playable in multiplayer mode.
- Professor Elm It's Elm that reccomends that the two travel around the world if they wish to be the best pokemon masters possible, he seems to have more moments of lucidity and serves as a guide with the mobile phone, though some of the things he says must be taken with a grain of salt.
- Jenny - Jenny the former mascot of Vined Inc. starts out by arresting Iron and Amber under rumours that they are involved with Eustace. However when their innocence is discovered she joins them amongst the Kanto missions of the game and can be used in multiplayer mode.
- Marble - Marble is with Jenny in Kanto however she unlike Jenny believes that the two are innocent from the start and does her best to help set the two children free, she is also helpful during the Kanto missions and instructs you in the tutorial mission. She is playable in Multiplayer mode.
- Joy - Joy is visiting the islands again when her friend Jenny tells her that there are a boy and girl that need her help down there so during the Orange Archipealago levels Princess Joy can use her powers to help out the team while they are staying in the islands. She is also playable in multiplayer mode.
- Reggie - Reggie is staying with Joy in the islands to escape the fuss and drama in Kanto, he does not seem to have a relationship with Joy just a close friendship, he is the first character in the main Police Acadamy series to be aware of her powers. He helps out the children in the islands and is playable in multiplayer mode.
- Kolorado - The ever eager explorer calls himself the children's guide when they come to Toad Town however he soon wanders off to do his own thing, however he is met up with at many stages throughout the game. He is playable in multiplayer mode.
- Kooper - Kolorado's long suffering sidekick Kooper who is also Vined's current mascot is seen trailing along behind Kolorado, the stars that he once held in his eyes for admiration of Kolorado have since turned into disdain for the archiologist. He is playable in multiplayer mode.
- Yoyo - While Yoyo has since become more mature after being elected next leader however he is still very much a child and when the children arrive at Lavalava Island Yoyo likes to play lost of games with them, often ignoring his role as guide. He is playable in multiplayer mode.
- Sushie - The babysitter Sushie often takens on Yoyo's job as a sitter when he wanders off and she helps you find your way around Lavalava Island. She is playable in multiplayer mode.
- Kevin Keene - Kevin Keene the Game Master appears as the main guide in Videoland and helps them traverse through the place and often has to proove to others that he is the real Captain N as he himself still faces some hostility amongst the people. He is playable in Multiplayer mode.
- Princess Lara - The Princess of Videoland also serves as a guide around Videoland although she is not as heavily involved as Kevin is because she is held up at the castle with some other business. She is playable in multiplayer mode.
- King Charles' - The King of Videoland he shows Iron and Amber around the outskirts, when he shows them an exit he doesn't go with them and inisists that he has to stay here and help his friends recouperate.
- Timber - Timber shows the two around the island as his friends are gone he is very bored on the island with just his parents, he does everything he can to make them stay. He is playable in multiplayer mode.
- Professor Willow - When the two kids enter Mulwaree upon refrence from Professor Elm Professor Willow introduces herself to the children and serves as their guide around Burbong and she sends her young proteges Alice and Ted to show you around the rest of Mulwaree.
- Ted - The previously unnamed male character Ted shows the two children around the country despite only being five years old with his best friend Alice. He is playable in Multiplayer mode.
- Alice - The previously unnamed female character Alice shows the two children around the country despite only being five years old with her best friend Ted. She is playable in Multiplayer mode.
- Chuck - The pianta who also featured in Fearsome Red's Fantastic Follies and then became his own star is now a father and succsuful buisness man but he still loves a good adventure every now and then so he decides to show around the two children when they arrive at Isle Delfino.
- Baby Funky - Baby Funky is revealed to be the final star child when Iron and Amber solve their little conflict and thus solving the time rift. He is playable in multiplayer mode.
- Baby Toad - Baby Toad along with the other possible star children summoned Iron and Amber by accident bringing them back in the past, it was revealed that he was not the next star child. He is playable in multiplayer mode.
- Baby Toadette - Baby Toadette along with the other possible star children summoned Iron and Amber by accident bringing them back in the past, it was revealed that she was not the next star child. She is playable in multiplayer mode.
- Baby Rosalina - Baby Rosalina along with the other possible star children summoned Iron and Amber by accident bringing them back in the past, it was revealed that she was not the next star child. She is playable in multiplayer mode.
- Baby Birdo - Baby Birdo along with the other possible star children summoned Iron and Amber by accident bringing them back in the past, it was revealed that she was not the next star child. She is playable in multiplayer mode.
- Jesse and James - The two follow the two children after being embarrased by them in Kanto so they that they can extract their revenge this time however they are more versed in their evil and things are better planned out, they have accomplices in all the right places for evil people. They are playable seperatly in multiplayer mode.
- Butch and Cassidy - The two follow the two children along with Jesse and James, wanting revenge because of what happened on the Sevii Islands. They are the first duo to sign up for the team that Jesse and James are forming. They are playable seperatly in multiplayer mode.
- Prince K. Rool - When the two children are sent back in time he tries to pursuade them to choose him to be the next star child however they don't fall for his plans and he turns hostile and violent towards the duo. He is playable in multiplayer mode.
- Mother Brain - When she hears the idea that Jesse and James have she recruits all of the other villains and creates an evil coalition to try and destroy the people of Videoland and all the other worlds so that she can be the ruler by herself!
- Captain Blackeye - The notorious pirate was humilaited being defeated by a tiger, badger and mouse so he set sail and joined up with the Mother Brain as an ocean unit, he returned to get his revenge on the tiger! He is playable in multiplayer mode.
- Jr. Trooper - Jr. Trooper returns with his grudge against Kolorado and follows him around Toad Town however after being defeated by Iron and Amber his obssession transfers to them, he follows them out to Lavalava Island after joining up with Mother Brain. He is playable in multiplayer mode.
- Dakota - She joins up with the Mother Brain as an indapendant warrior, she doesn't want to join up but she is promised unlimited power and revenger against the Koopa Troopa Kolorado so she signs up and becomes one of Mother Brain's top agents. She is playable in multiplayer mode.
- Eustace - When Mother Brain discovered that the children were from Kanto it was Eustace she first recruited who was the one that convinced Jesse, James, Butch and Cassidy to get their teams to join up with Mother Brain. He serves as her right hand man, a role he also served to Giovanni. He is playable in multiplayer mode.
There is a multiplayer mode where you can fight like a regular fighting game there is a stanima bar and each character has a set amount of moves, there are no items and only a few stages it is however available to be played online via WiiConnect24. Most of the characters from the game are playable as well as Tom Nook (Animal Crossing Down Under), Elizabeth (Pokemon Dark and Light), James (Pokemon Dark and Light), Princess Ruto (Nintendo Princesses) and Princess Kumatora (Nintendo Princesses).
Vined Inc. has said that they have mused the idea of having a game dedicated entirely to the crossover fighting aspect which would be more fleshed out and include a much bigger roster of characters, not just their exclusive characters but characters they have used in some of their games i.e. Donkey Kong and Mario.
- The initial idea for Time Travel was about Pokemon Dark and Light, not the Diaper Duty Series.
- Vined's mario games were initally going to be represented by a singing level for Mario Singalong!
- There was originally a subplot which involved Renald being released from prison by Mother Brain.
- Timothy was supposed to be a playable character in multiplayer but was removed due to time restraints.