|Wooper did not originate from fanon, and the information on this page may not be entirely accurate to their canon. You may read more about this subject in the context of their canon on the following wiki(s):|
|Category||Water Fish Pokémon|
|National Dex Nr.||#194|
|Johto Dex Nr.||#056|
|Other Regional Dex Nr(s).|
Wooper (Japanese: ウパー Upah) is a dual-type Water/Ground Pokémon. It evolves into Quagsire starting at level 20.
Wooper is a mostly blue, amphibious Pokémon that resembles an upright, armless axolotl. Wooper's head is large compared to its body, and it has small, round, black eyes. It has purple, branching gills on either side of its head; the males have more branches in its gills than the females. Wooper stands on two small, round feet, and it has a large, thick tail. On its belly are dark blue curved markings.
It is implied in the anime that Wooper is a dull-witted Pokémon oblivious to its surroundings. Wooper lives in cold water most of the time. When sleeping, it partially buries itself in the mud at the bottom. It will occasionally leave the water when the air cools in the evening to search for food along the shore. While walking on land, it coats its body with a slimy, toxic film that keeps its skin from dehydrating and insulates against the cold. The film causes a shooting pain if touched barehanded.
- Wooper has the lowest base stat total of all Ground-type Pokémon.
- This includes the lowest base Special Defense among Ground-type Pokémon.
- The blue Pokémon mini was modeled after Wooper.
- Wooper was one of the first Pokémon to have its gender differences revealed, along with Scizor.
- Wooper is tied with Slowpoke for having the lowest base Speed stat of all Water-type Pokémon.
← #193: Yanma
#195: Quagsire →