|Wii Sports Resort U|
|Developer(s)|| Nintendo R&D4
Bandai Namco Games
|Predecessor||Wii Sports Resort|
Wii Sports Resort U (Wiiのパラダイス2 in Japan) is a 2016 sports game for the Wii U The game is a sequel to Wii Sports Resort on the Wii. It is the second game in the Wii series to be developed by Bandai Namco Games.
Just like it's prequel, Wii Sports Resort U takes place on a fictional island named Wuhu Island. On this island, there are various sports that can be played using the Wii Remote's motioning sensing technology.
List of Sports
- Table Tennis
- Power Crusing
- Air Sports
- Swordplay (with Story Mode)
- Hot air Ballooning
amiibo SupportWii Sports Resort U is the first game in the Wii series to use amiibo. If you tap in a compatible amiibo, You will get a outfit for your Mii based on that character. For example, If you tap in a Mario amiibo, you'll get a visor with his emblem on it, his overalls, his shoes, and his gloves.
References to other games
- The first seven notes of the Wii Sports theme can be heard through out the game,
- A jazzy remix of the Wii Play theme is the background music for the Wuhu Town Gift Shop.
- A picture of the Wii Sports Resort's Table Tennis champion, Lucia, can be seen in Wuhu Town.
- Number of shirts, pants, and hats you can unlock are based off of Nintendo characters, consoles, etc.
- In Hillside Cabins, if you get a good look at one of the cabins, you can see a Green Yarn Yoshi plush on a shelf.
- You can unlock a variety of planes you can use in Island Flyover. One of them is the Arwing from Star Fox.
- The description for the Cycling mode references Mario Kart 7, where Wuhu Island had two separate courses.
- While this is common in most video games, If your Mii has certain headgear on that may seem big, the headgear may glitch through the ground in Mii animations.
- In Island Flyover, if you go through a small area with your plane, The plane will get stuck and it will go up and down while it is trapped in the tiny space. This may cause the game to crash and make a loud air horn like noise.