Hey everyone, I'm doing research for a crossover project that is aimed at both hardcore Nintendo fans and newcomers to their numerous franchises, and so I want to appeal to everyone. As such, I wanted to see which series make people the most excited, as I want to focus on those. While this may be a bit of a biased sample size on Fantendo, I'm also asking many friends, many of whom are not major Nintendo fans, to try and see which series are loved the most and which are more relevant and such. I'd ask that below, you rank your five most liked Nintendo series in order. For example:
The order they are ranked is important, with 1 being you favourite. I haven't seen anything like this recently that weas structured; …Read more >
Platinum Games posted a Kickstarter today to get a remastered version of their cult classic The Wonderful 101 published for various consoles, including for the Nintendo Switch and possibly on Steam and PS4. Here is the Kickstarter for those curious.
The goal of $50,010 USD was passed in almost 30 minutes, and is now at almost $300,000 USD; it might surpass a million by the end of the day, reaching all of the incremental goals as well. Notably, some of the pledge rewards include the option to get blocked by lead director Kamiya on Twitter, a reference to his well known Twitter jokes involving blocking critics and trolls.
ADDITIONAL UPDATE: This site, Platinun 4, was posted yesterday and seemed cryptic; now that The Wonderful 101 Remastered has b…
Read more >
Nintendo reveals new renders
Nintendo reveals new rendersRead more >
Well played! Let’s take a look back at your year in gaming.
Everyone should post their 2019 Switch Year in Review in the comments so we can remember our incredible year together.Read more >
As this video from GameXplain as well as other previewers has pointed out, Super Mario Maker 2 is missing some of the features of the original that made it whacky and reminiscent of the original Mario Paint series. For example
- As we all knew, Costumes are completely gone, making the Super Mario Bros. style much more boring
- Weird Mario has been completely removed other than one cameo; he can no longer be activated randomly OR on purpose
- The Fly Swatting Minigame has been removed
- The Title Screen no longer has special animations based on the day of the week nor special easter eggs for tapping the letters of the logo
- The Big Mario power-up no longer applies a CRT filter nor does it make mustaches appear on enemies
- Special death noises no longer appear
Read more >