This article consists of content created and/or currently owned by Ink, and is intended to be viewed in the Oasis skin. Please do not use any code showcased on this page without getting Ink's permission first.If you like what you see here and want to waste some more of your time reading stuff, you could also look into something else Ink has made!
|Altair Fisher, a hopeless romantic squared.|
Altair Fisher is a private investigator who is well-known in some circles for his strict morals and the speed with which he can solve cases. His efficiency is owed to the power of his Standing Ripple Last Train to London, lets him live through a day twice and be in two places at once by summoning his future self into the present.
Altair is a Kerran - an extremely human-like race with blue skin and a sharpened teeth, which are made slightly more prominent by his overbite. His hair is black, and usually well-combed and pushed back behind his ears.
Altair's Standing Ripple, Last Train to London, allows him to summon his future self. The future self can only be summoned from 24 hours in the future at most, and can only exist for 24 hours at most. When Altair willingly deactivates Last Train to London's power, or when the 24-hour timer has totally expired, the version of Altair that did the summoning will be pulled back in time to become the future self that was originally summoned, effectively completing the loop.
What Altair's future self is capable of doing while reliving the day is strictly moderated by Last Train to London's powers in order to prevent time paradoxes or even Shatterings. If future Altair's actions in the past threaten to change events that he already experienced, said actions will be interrupted by "fate." For example, if Altair's future self were to try shooting somebody that his past self would have dinner with later that very day, his gun would jam, or it would be conveniently out of ammunition, or something would happen that would throw off his aim. These bizarre coincidences, seemingly caused by the Standing Ripple's power, ensure that Altair's time travel doesn't cause any damage to the space-time continuum.
- Altair is partially based off of Narciso Anasui from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean.
- Altair's name is based heavily off of Alcyone's.
- Both Alcyone's name and Altair's first name are the names of stars in constellations.
- Altair's last name, Fisher, is based off of Alcyone's name, which is derived from the Greek name for kingfishers.
- Alcyone and Altair both begin with the letter "a," too, of course.
- Last Train to London is named after and inspired by the Electric Light Orchestra song of the same name.
- The lyrics of the song served as the inspiration for both the Standing Ripple's ability to effectively be in two places at once and Altair's own romanticism (which in turn led to the ability being applied to an AU version of Alcyone).