Why, hello there!
I am CrusaderYaamni, though I usually go by simply "Yaamni" in most cases. It should come as no surprise that I am a huge fan of , being that I am a member of this wiki. At 19 years old, perhaps I'm getting too old to be writing my ideas online. I currently attend Becker College, and my major is that of Game Design. While I do hope to one day become a video game developer myself, I continue to play a lot of games and watch quite a few shows.
If you're curious to see what my favorite games and animated shows are, I'll provide a list of my Top 5 of each below
5) Tales of Symphonia - GCN / 2003 - One of many entries in Namco's "Tales of" franchise, this game will serve as one of my introductions to the GameCube; I played many of the same games that my older sister did, but those were primarily limited to the Nintendo 64. I clearly remember the day I picked up both this an Phantasy Star Online, and proceeded to ask my older sister if they were any good.
It follows the story of Lloyd Irving, a young warrior raised by a dwarf after his mother died. He accompanies his friend and love interest, Colette Brunel, on her journey to "regenerate the world", a process intended to cleanse it of monsters. Joined by their friend Genis Sage, as well as his older sister Raine, they will later encounter the likes of Kratos Aurion, Sheena Fujibayashi, Zelos Wilder, Regal Bryant, and Prasea Combatir on their journey to save the world.
4) Phantasy Star Online - GCN / 2002 - Okay, I know the GameCube version isn't the original. It was relased on DreamCast in 2000 and PC in 2001; an updated version with a new difficulty, new areas, and sequel story, dubbed "Episodes I & II" was released for GameCube and Xbox in 2002 and 2003; yet another updatd version, with one more story (Episode IV), found its way to PC in 2004. Phantasy Star Online Episode III: C.A.R.D. Revolution was released for the GameCube in 2003. A departure from the original game and its re-releases, Episode III features turn-based gameplay on a tiled grid, and uses cards as the source of action. It would later spawn a sequel, titled Phantasy Star Online 2 for PCs in 2012, though this game never saw a North American release (despite empty promises that continue to this day). The GameCube games were both my introduction to the series.
The story begins on the overpopulated planet of Coral, which eventually sees a meteor crash containing a strange power source; dubbed Photons due to its bright glow, two spaceships are constructed with it. Pioneer 1 immediately travels for the source planet, while Pioneer 2 follows up seven years later, with actual citizens in-tow. Pioneer 2 enters orbit around this new planet, named Ragol, and just as it establishes contact with Pioneer 1, an explosion covers the planet's surface. The docile wildlife has gone feral, and Pioneer 1 is completely empty. You play as a Hunter, essentially part of a mercenary group hired by the government of Pioneer 2 to uncover what happened.
3) Banjo-Kazooie - N64 / 1998 -
2) Bravely Default & Bravely Second - 3DS / 2012 & 2016 -
1) Xenoblade Chronicles - Wii / 2012 -
5) Kiznaiver - Original / 2016 -
4) Danganronpa - Video Game / 2013 -
3) Shakugan no Shana - Light Novel / 2002 -
2) Gravity Falls - Original / 2012 - "But Yaamni, Gravity Falls isn't an anime!" ...I know, that's why the category isn't labelled as such.
1) Angel Beats - Original / 2010 -
I am definetly a Cartoon Network and Boomerang guy; I watch Courage the Cowardly Dog, Scooby-Doo, Dexter's Laboratory, Adventure Time, Regular Show, All three Ben 10s, and Pokémon. I also watch some other channels, namely Nickelodeon's and Disney's. I occasionally watch FUNimation for Soul Eater.
Now that it's part-way through Summer, I think I finally have a list worthy of calling myself an anime fan... But that might just be me XD
- Soul Eater- Action meant for younger audiences (Dub and Sub)
- Clannad- A wonderful love story, fit for all ages (Dub and Sub) made by Key
- Fullmetal Alchemist- Interesting plotline with lots of action (Dub and Sub)
- Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood- Same as above (Dub and Sub)
- Hetalia- A fun-filled show fit for anyone (Dub and Sub, except for Season 5 which only has Sub))
- Kirarin Revolution- A show of an aspiring idol, fit for all ages (Sub only)
- Squid Girl- A random show about a hominid, female Squid who tries to invade the surface, fit for all ages (Dub and Sub, Season 2 only has Sub)
- Toradora!- An interesting love story mostly in high school, fit for all ages (Sub only)
- Air- A very strange show by Key, with an even sadder plot than Clannad (Dub and Sub)
- Oreimo (Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai, My Little Sister can't be this Cute!)- Strange show; it's siscon, so I won't exactly recommend it to anyone (Sub only)
- Needless- An action-packed show meant for older audiences with (Dub and Sub)
- Yozakura Quartet- Another action-packed show meant for slightly older audiences (Sub only)
- Da Capo- A show about high school romance, but damn is it LONG (Sub only)
- Da Capo Second Season- Second Season to the above (Sub only)
- Da Capo IF- An alternate route where the main character ends up with a different girl (Sub only)
- Da Capo Second Season Omake- Puppet Show-like, very short extension featuring Alisia (Sub only)
- Da Capo II- A sequel to the above show, taking place 50 years into the future (Sub only)
- Da Capo II Second Season- Second Season to the above (Sub only)
- Da Capo III- A much more modern anime, 20 years after Da Capo II, but is a lot shorter (Sub only)
- Kanon- A show that's almost as bad as Air, but redeems itself at the end, all ages (Dub and Sub)
- Tamako Market- A weird show about a bird searching for a princess for his owner, all ages (Sub only)
- Angel Beats!- A very interesting, supernatual, and sadly short show, fit for teenagers (Dub and Sub)
- Little Busters!- An interesting show (by Key, but nothing supernatural YET), younger teenagers (Sub only)
- Kokoro Connect- A strange show meant for teenagers, in which five teenagers interact with a strange entity (Sub only)
- Kaze no Stigma- A great anime about magic users who control Fire, Earth, and Air (Dub and Sub)
- Shakugan no Shana- Far too hard to explain, but full of amazing combat and a balance of romance (Dub and Sub)
- Sword Art Online- Players are trapped in a VRMMORPG (Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) and find that dying in the game or people outside trying to remove the NerveGear headset will trigger its internal battery to melt your brain. You must clear the 100th floor's final boss to log out of the game (Sub and Dub airing on Toonami July 28th, DVD & Blu-ray on August 13th)
- Another- WHATEVER YOU DO, NEVER WATCH THIS UNLESS YOU CAN HANDLE SOME SERIOUS FREAKINESS; I also advise watching Mirai Nikki first (Dub and Sub)
- MIrai Nikki- Also known as The Future Diary, it's about a bunch of people who had terrible lives and are given a diary that fortells the future; if you get a "Dead End" entry, it means another diary owner has the intent to kill you, but the intervention of a third party or effective usage of the entry can rewrite everyone's diaries. (Dub and Sub; really bad Dub imo)
- Golden Time- Basically a college version of Toradora! (Still new, Sub only)
- Kill la Kill- Yay, clothing gives you magical powers; it's like magical girls for teenagers (Sub only, still new)
I have created my own Third-Party company, UniversalGaming Incorporated.
I have also created the following games:
- Clash of the Fiction (Decent Progress)
- Pokémon Legends of Mew (Done)
- Pikmin 4 (Not Done)
- Super Smash Bros. Supernova (Almost Done)
- Pokémon XD: Mind of Shadows (Almost Done)
- Banjo-Kazooie: Gruntopolis (Done)
- Pokémon Radiant and Shadow versions (Almost Done)
- Mario & Luigi: Amari & Guila (Not Done)
- New Super Mario Bros. Sunshine (Not Done)
- Jack Elemental (Done; Enemies not done)
I started the games:
- The Fantendo Pit (Almost Done, but restarted)
- Pikmin HD (Done, but abandoned)
- Mario Kart ∞ (Done; handed over to Megamaster7941)
To Do Checklist
Make up a game Make up a gaming company
- Make up a game with another user (To Be Done with Megamaster)
- Get the Addicted Badge (8/100)
If you consider yourself my friend, add it here!