|Togepi did not originate from fanon, and the information on this page may not be entirely accurate to their canon. You may read more about this subject in the context of their canon on the following wiki(s):|
|Category||Spike Ball Pokémon|
|National Dex Nr.||#175|
|Johto Dex Nr.||#046|
|Other Regional Dex Nr(s).|
|Ability/ies|| Hustle, Serene Grace |
(Hidden: Super Luck)
|Average Weight||3.3 lbs.|
Togepi (Japanese: トゲピー Togepy) is a Fairy-type baby Pokémon, and prior to Generation VI, a Normal-type Pokémon.
Togepi is a small, light yellow Pokémon with a round body that is still encased in its eggshell. Togepi does not shed its shell. The egg has red and blue shapes on it. Togepi has stubby hands and round feet with two toes each. Togepi has black eyes and five spikes on its head that seem to form a crown. It also has semi-oval, brown pads on the soles of its feet.
Togepi is able to release poison from the spikes on its head. The anime has shown that it can retract into its shell, which it usually does to sleep. It is able to siphon the positive energy of others, and then release it to those in need of it. It has a very joyful nature. As a result, it is said that it shares its joy with those who take care of it. Because of its disposition, Togepi are seen as signs of good luck, especially if a Trainer is capable of getting a sleeping Togepi to stand. Although rare in the wild, Togepi can most commonly be found living within the forests.
- Togepi is the second Generation II Pokémon (after Ho-Oh) to appear in the Kanto series of the anime. It is also the first future generation Pokémon with a known name at the time of its appearance to appear in the anime.
- The Togepi that is hatched from the Egg from Mr. Pokémon in HeartGold and SoulSilver will know Extrasensory, a move normally only available as an Egg move.
- While baby Pokémon are often revealed before the generation they debut in, Togepi is so far the only baby Pokémon to be revealed before its evolution.
- On the DVD scene selection screen from Mewtwo Strikes Back, Togepi is listed as Pokémon #152.
- In Pokémon Rumble Blast, when Togepi is attacking, it makes a different cry than its usual one that is heard.
- When it faints, however, the normal fainting cry it makes in the other games is heard.
- Togepi was Normal-type before Generation 6.
Togepi appears to be based on the concept of a baby hatchling of any of a number of species of animals. It could also possibly be based on an egg, with its evolutions based loosely on birds.
Togepi and Togepy may be a combination of 刺 toge (spike) and ピヨピヨ piyopiyo (onomatopoeia for a bird chirping). It may also be a corruption of Dokkaebi, usually pronounced tokebi in Japanese, which is a mythical being of Korean folklore.
Despite his victory against Kirthar, He's one of the victims of the Kirthar's Snap Finger.
Names in other Languages
|From 刺 tone (spike), ピヨピヨ piyopiyo (onomatopoeia for a bird chirping) and possibly Dokkaebi|
← #174: Igglybuff
#176: Togetic →