|Super Smash Bros.: Infinity War|
Bandai Namco Studios
|Country of Origin||United States|
|Theatrical Release Date(s)|
|December 14, 2026 (Dolby Theater)|
December 18, 2026 (Worldwide)
|Box Office||$2 billion|
|Sequel(s)||Super Smash Bros.: Endgame|
DISCLAIMER: This is an intended parody of the movie Avengers: Infinity War. Don't just shout at me saying that it's a ripoff and all that, it's just a parody (And by "parody" I mean a non-profit version of Infinity War but with Super Smash Bros. characters made just for fun). Also, it's non-canon, so I can put in whatever I want, even if it contradicts the games.
Super Smash Bros.: Infinity War is a 2026 American/Japanese crossover film based on video game series of the same name, produced by Sora Ltd., Bandai Namco Studios, Mojang, Capcom, Sega, Konami, and Square Enix, distributed by Nintendo, and directed by Super Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai. In the film, characters from various Nintendo and third-party franchises attempt to stop Tabuu from collecting the all-powerful Infinity Spirits.
The film held its world premiere on December 14, 2026, in Los Angeles and was released in the United States on December 18, 2026, in IMAX and 3D. The film received praise for the performances of the cast and the emotional weight of the story, as well as the visual effects and action sequences. It was the first video game-based film to gross over $2 billion worldwide. The sequel, Super Smash Bros.: Endgame, released on December 2027.
Having acquired the Power Spirit, one of the six Infinity Spirits, from Final Destination, Tabuu and his Subspace Army intercept Rosalina's observatory. As they extract the Space Spirit from the Grand Star, Tabuu subdues Rosalina, overpowers Little Mac, and kills King Dedede. Ganondorf sends Little Mac to Earth using dark magic before being killed. Tabuu departs with his army and destroys the ship.
Little Mac crash-lands at a building in Toad Town, morphing from his Final Smash form to his regular self. He warns Geno and King K. Rool about Tabuu's plan to destroy half of all life in the universe, and they recruit Mario. Dracula and Petey Piranha arrive to retrieve the Time Spirit from Geno, drawing the attention of Pac-Man. Dracula captures Geno, but fails to take the Time Spirit due to an enchantment. Mario and Pac-Man sneak aboard Dracula's spaceship, Little Mac contacts Steve, and King K. Rool stays behind to guard the building.
In Vigrid, Porky Minch and Galleom ambush Bayonetta and R.O.B. in order to retrieve the Mind Spirit, which is in R.O.B.'s chest. Steve, Samus Aran, and Pit rescue them and they take shelter with Simon Belmont and Little Mac at the Smash Facility. R.O.B. offers to sacrifice himself by having Bayonetta destroy the Mind Spirit to keep Tabuu from retrieving it, but Bayonetta refuses. Steve suggests they travel to New Donk City, which he believes has the resources to remove the Spirit without destroying R.O.B.
Luigi, Princess Daisy, Captain Falcon, Piranha Plant, Fox, and Wii Fit Trainer respond to a distress call from the observatory and rescue Rosalina, who surmises that Tabuu is currently going after the Reality Spirit, which is in the possession of Lucina on Archanea. Fox and Piranha Plant accompany Rosalina to Flat Zone, where they and Mr. Game & Watch create a battle-axe capable of killing Tabuu. At Archanea, Luigi, Daisy, Captain Falcon and Wii Fit Trainer find Tabuu with the Reality Spirit already in his possession. Tabuu kidnaps Daisy, his former minion, who reveals the Soul Spirit is on the Dark Star in order to save Zelda from torture. On the Dark Star, the Spirit's keeper, Bowser Jr., tells Tabuu that he can only acquire it by sacrificing someone he loves. Tabuu reluctantly throws Daisy to her death, granting him the Soul Spirit.
Zelda escapes captivity and asks her friends to meet her at Tabuu's homeworld, Subspace. Mario and Pac-Man kill Dracula and rescue Geno. Landing at Subspace, they meet Luigi, Captain Falcon, and Wii Fit Trainer. Geno uses the Time Spirit to view millions of possible futures, seeing only one in which Tabuu loses. The group forms a plan to subdue Tabuu and remove the Smash Gauntlet, which he uses to house the Spirits. Tabuu appears and justifies his plans as necessary to ensure the survival of a universe threatened by overpopulation. Zelda arrives soon after, and helps the others subdue Tabuu until she deduces that Tabuu has killed Daisy. Enraged, Luigi attacks Tabuu, allowing him to break the group's hold and overpower them. Mario is seriously wounded by Tabuu, but is spared after Geno surrenders the Time Spirit to Tabuu.
In New Donk City, Steve reunites with Solid Snake before the Subspace Army invades. The heroes, alongside Donkey Kong and the Mii Fighter forces, mount a defense while Isabelle works to extract the Mind Spirit from R.O.B. Little Mac, unable to use his Final Smash, fights while using Mario's power-ups. Rosalina, Fox, and Piranha Plant arrive to reinforce the heroes; Porky Minch, Petey Piranha, and Galleom are killed and the Subspace Army is routed, but Isabelle is unable to complete the extraction of the Mind Spirit from R.O.B. Tabuu arrives to retrieve the Mind Spirit, but before he can do so Bayonetta destroys it. Using the Time Spirit, Tabuu reverses Bayonetta's actions and rips the repaired Mind Spirit from R.O.B.'s chest, killing him. Rosalina severely wounds Tabuu with her axe, but Tabuu activates the completed Gauntlet by snapping his fingers and teleports away.
Half of all life across the universe disintegrates, including Solid Snake, Donkey Kong, Piranha Plant, Bayonetta, Pit, Wii Fit Trainer, Captain Falcon, Luigi, Geno (who tells Mario that there was no other way), and Pac-Man, as well as Palutena and Ryu, although Ryu is able to transmit an emergency signal before turning to dust. Mario and Zelda remain on Subspace while Little Mac, Mega Man, Shantae, Simon Belmont, Fox, Steve, Samus Aran and Rosalina are left in the middle of a forest. Meanwhile, Tabuu watches a sunrise on another planet.
- Charles Martinet as Mario, a heroic Italian plumber who is known for saving Princess Peach from his archenemy, Bowser.
- Laura Faye Smith as Rosalina, the adopted mother of star-shaped creatures called Lumas whose duty is to protect the universe.
- Matt Harty as Little Mac, a boxer.
- Ryan Reynolds as Steve, one of the two default skins given to the player upon creating a Minecraft account.
- Alésia Glidewell as Samus Aran, a female intergalactic bounty hunter, who protects her home planet, Zebes.
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Geno, a star being from Star Road, who possessed the body of a doll.
- Keith Silverstein as Simon Belmont, the great-grandson of Christopher Belmont who grew up hearing stories from his ancestors who had defeated Dracula.
- Erin Matthews as Pac-Man, who is usually on the run from four ghosts named Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde and has a huge appetite.
- Grant Kirkhope as Donkey Kong, a gorilla who lives on Donkey Kong Island with the rest of the Kong family, and usually has to battle the Kremling Krew and their leader King K. Rool.
- Paul Bettany as R.O.B., an accessory for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).
- Hellena Taylor as Bayonetta, one of the two remaining Umbra Witches, a mysterious race who possess a spectacular talent for the Bullet Arts.
- Antony Del Rio as Pit, a young angel boy who is Palutena's most loyal servant, as well as the captain of her army.
- David Hayter as Solid Snake, the cloned "son" of the legendary soldier Big Boss who is often tasked with destroying models of the bipedal nuclear weapon-armed mecha known as Metal Gear.
- Ted Lewis as King Dedede, an overweight blue anthropomorphic penguin who is the self-proclaimed king of Dream Land and the archenemy of Kirby, who often antagonizes the latter and his subjects out of greed, selfishness, or the desire to simply prove his superiority over his nemesis.
- Hironori Miyata as Ganondorf, the sole male Gerudo, as only one is born every 100 years, and is often the wielder of the Triforce of Power. Due to the curse placed upon Hyrule by the Demon King Demise - which states that his greed will motivate his desire to pursue all three pieces of the Triforce - Ganondorf is trapped within a loop where he is always beaten by the wielders of the Triforce of Wisdom and the Triforce of Courage.
- Frank Welker as Mr. Game & Watch, a composite representation of various generic characters featured in Nintendo's Game & Watch products.
- Benedict Campbell as King K. Rool, the leader of a group of crocodilian raiders known as the Kremlings, and the archenemy of Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong.
- October Moore as Wii Fit Trainer, a role in the Wii Fit series filled by a female or male fitness instructor.
- Brandy Kopp as Princess Zelda, the princess of Hyrule.
- Ryō Horikawa as Captain Falcon, a mysterious, futuristic racer from the city of Port Town who is also a legendary bounty hunter whose past is shrouded in mystery. In both guises, he consistently thwarts the plans of Black Shadow and other evil forces, both on and off the Grand Prix circuits.
- Deanna Mustard as Princess Daisy, the tomboyish princess of Sarasaland who was subsequently a minion of Tabuu.
- Frank Welker also plays as Piranha Plant, a member of the flower species of the same name that will eat anything that approaches them.
- Mike West as Fox McCloud, an expert pilot who is the son of James McCloud, and has saved the Lylat System from numerous threats.
- Samantha Kelly as Princess Peach, the kind hearted princess of Mushroom Kingdom who is known for getting kidnapped by Bowser.
- Laura Bailey as Lucina, a distant descendant of Marth and the daughter of Chrom.
- Scott McNeil as Tabuu, the leader of the Subspace Army who seeks all six Infinity Spirits for the sake of "re-balancing the universe".
- Charles Martinet also plays as Luigi, who is Mario's younger, taller, thinner twin brother.
Additionally, several other actors reprise their roles: Christina Vee as Shantae, the half-genie guardian of Scuttle Town who works tirelessly to thwart the plans of the nefarious lady-pirate, Risky Boots, or other forces threatening the town; Letitia Wright as Isabelle, the mayor's secretary and assistant, helping them with tasks around the town, organizing projects, and giving advice to make the town better; Steve Burton as Cloud Strife, a mercenary claiming to be formerly of SOLDIER, a group of elite supersoldiers employed by the Shinra Electric Power Company, a megacorporation responsible for draining the life from the planet; Kit Harris as F.L.U.D.D., a multipurpose water pack invented by Professor Elvin Gadd; Benjamin Diskin as Mega Man, a robotic warrior created by Dr. Thomas Light, who fights the evil Dr. Albert Wily and his legion of Robot Masters to prevent Wily's tyranny; Kate Bristol as Leaf, a female Pokémon trainer; Lani Minella as Lucas, a resident from Tazmily Village; Sanae Kobayashi as the Ice Climbers, Popo and Nana; and Yuki Tsujii as an Inkling boy. Kyle Hebert and Brandy Kopp make uncredited cameos as Ryu and Palutena, respectively, in the film's post-credits scene.
Caety Sagoian as Bowser Jr., the keeper of the Soul Spirit and son of the Koopa King, Bowser. Super Mario series creator Shigeru Miyamoto makes a cameo appearance as a Toad, while Reggie Fils-Aimé, former president of Nintendo of America, cameos as Cloud Strife's aide. Doug Bowser, current president of Nintendo of America, voices an intergalactic distress caller in an uncredited cameo.
Shortly after the release and success of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, series creator Masahiro Sakurai expressed interest in making a film adaption of the Super Smash Bros. series. In the early 2020's, Nintendo and Marvel Studios made a deal, resulting in Nintendo getting the licences for two of Marvel Studio's films, Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame, so they can make two parody films of them.
Over production, Sora Ltd. began collaborating with various third-party companies, such as Bandai Namco Studios, Mojang, Capcom, Sega, Konami, and Square Enix, on two upcoming films. At E3 2022, Nintendo announced two films: Super Smash Bros.: Infinity War and Super Smash Bros: Endgame, both of which would be parodies of Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame. Shortly after the announcement, Nintendo began production on the film, with Sora Ltd., Bandai Namco Studios, Mojang, Capcom, Sega, Konami, and Square Enix developing the film.
Hideki Sakamoto, who composed the score for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, was revealed to be returning to score for the movie. "The Rubberband Man" by The Spinners is heard in the film when the characters in Captain Falcon's ship, the Blue Zero, first appear. Several Nintendo and third-party tracks will also be used for the film.
On Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds a rating of 85%, based on 428 reviews, with an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. On Metacritic, the film has a score of 68 out of 100, based on 74 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews". CinemaScore reported that audiences gave the film a "A+" to "F" grade. IMDb holds a score of 8.8/10. IGN gave this 9/10.
Main article: Super Smash Bros.: Endgame
Super Smash Bros.: Endgame, directed by Masahiro Sakurai, was released on December 17, 2027.