|Snubbull is not from Fantendo. However, this article may include related fan ideas.
These external sources may have official, more accurate information:
This article is free to edit. Please follow the article standards and respect good-faith contributions.
|National Dex Nr.||#209|
|Johto Dex Nr.||#109|
|Ability/ies|| Intimidate, Run Away |
|Average Weight||17.2 lbs.|
It evolves into Granbull starting from level 23.
Snubbull is a pink, bipedal, bulldog-like Pokémon with blue polka dots covering its body. It has loose skin that drapes to cover the lower part of its body, giving it the appearance of a dress. There is a small, blue ruff around its neck. It has a pronounced underbite, but it still has powerful jaws. Additionally, it has two earflaps that are flat, curved, and tipped with black, and a small, shiny black nose. Its feet are beige with three toes and a circular pink paw pad, while its arms are short and stubby.
Snubbull, as seen in the anime, possesses the ability to use keen sense of smell to track things down. Despite this Pokémon's fierce looking face, it is very playful and affectionate making it a popular companion among women. According to The Complete Pokémon Pocket Guide, it is also very devoted and loyal. It is not aggressive and tends to prefer to scare away its opponent rather than fight. However, it is saddened that others run from its frightening appearance. Snubbull wander around urban areas.
- The route that Snubbull swarms on in Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum is also its National Pokédex number: 209.
- Snubbull and its evolution share their category with Clefairy and Clefable. They are all known as the Fairy Pokémon.
- In early merchandise for Mewtwo Strikes Back, including the Pikachu's Vacation novelization, Snubbull's name is misspelled as Snubble.
- This also happens on the title card for Snubbull Snobbery.
- Snubbull is named "Buru" in the Pokémon the First Movie Trading Cards.
Snubbull is based on a bulldog. Its category and type may reference the Cù Sìth, a mythological creature in Celtic mythology whose name literally translates to "dog fairy".
Snubbull may be a combination of snub (a feeling of disdain, or a flattened nose) and bulldog. It may also be a play on snuggle.
Names in other Languages
|Japanese||ブルー||Shortening of bulldog|
← #208: Steelix
#210: Granbull →