|Slugma did not originate from fanon, and the information on this page may not be entirely accurate to their canon. You may read more about this subject in the context of their canon on the following wiki(s):|
|National Dex Nr.||#218|
|Johto Dex Nr.||#216|
|Other Regional Dex Nr(s).|
Slugma (Japanese: マグマッグ Magmag) is a Fire-type Pokémon introduced in Generation II. It evolves into Magcargo starting at level 38.
Slugma is a limbless Pokémon composed of magma. Its body is bright red, fading to a duller red along its extremities. It has large, round, yellow eyes with small pupils. Slugma's head is ovoid with flame-like extensions spreading upward from its eyes and round, stable drops of magma dangling from its upper jaw. Its lower body is irregular in shape, and occasionally emits bubbles.
Slugma's circulatory system is composed entirely of magma, which delivers vital nutrients and oxygen to its organs. In order to prevent its body from cooling and hardening, Slugma neither sleeps nor ever stops moving. If its body does begin to cool, it will become brittle and may break apart. Slugma constantly seeks warm places, and gathers with other members of its species in mountains and volcanoes.
- Despite being a Generation II Pokémon, it was actually native to Kanto in Pokémon Gold, Silver, and Crystal. The same is true for Murkrow and Houndour.
- Additionally, while Murkrow and Houndour are catchable in Johto via the Safari Zone in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, the only possible way to get a Slugma before obtaining the National Pokédex in HeartGold and SoulSilver is to receive it from Primo as an Egg - it must otherwise be traded in or transferred from a Pokéwalker linked to a game which has already unlocked the National Pokédex.
- Slugma is tied with Torkoal, Litwick, and Mega Camerupt for the lowest Speed base stat of all Fire types.
- Slugma also has the lowest Special Defense of all Fire-type Pokémon.
- Slugma has the lowest base stat total of all Fire-type Pokémon.
← #217: Ursaring
#219: Magcargo →