| Reten Ozzy Prime|| ♂️ Male|
|19 years old||Zeonian Beorn|
|FULL NAME|| Reten Ozzy Prime|
|POWERS|| Firearms Proficiency
Carbon Fiber Armour
|CURRENT LOCATION||Nowhere in particular|
Reten is Unten's counterpart from an alternate universe. Unlike the other Alternate Untens Reten actually played some part in the destruction of his Zeon and later his entire universe.
Reten is a tall and gangly beorn with thicker and fluffier fur, kept pristine by a large amount of furcare products. He has white sclera and black star-shaped pupils, unusual for a beorn and sharpened teeth. He wears a metallic necklace that contains his Cyrium armor and allows him to manipulate Power Harmonious. Over this he wears his signature orange coat with a black fur collar and white edges. His left ear is pierced, usually having his Galvan Earring attached.
On the surface Reten is a confident and charismatic killer who always seems to be a step ahead of his opponents. While most would presume that Reten was simply a cocky smartass who got by on dumb luck and instinct he is in fact quite intelligent, though he is just as good at masking this so that others would underestimate him. He's a bit of a megalomaniac, constantly seeking sources of power in order to protect himself and the few people he cares about. There are few means he would not go through with in order to reach this end. In comparision to his counterpart Unten Bluzen Reten has no form of no-kill policy, having no qualms with dispatching with his foes. That is not to say that Reten would always kill those he fights; in various cases he has left his opponents alive for various reasons. What he does share with Unten is a tendency to fall into prophetic dreams, though less often and with less clarity than Unten's. Reten takes in the information of these dreams though the hints they provide seem to not be as immediately relevant and much more surreal, hence why he doesn't tend to mention them. Reten struggles with what most would consider a peaceful life. In times where there is no immediate danger Reten tends to work to fight future threats he isn't even sure exists yet due to a deep fear of any actual peacetime causing him to "go soft" or otherwise negatively impact him.
He finds it hard to truly connect with people but all too easy to pretend to bond with them to further his own goals. However, he is almost obsessed with keeping those he truly considers friends safe due to how few-and-far they are.
Reten is a quick, vicious and dastardly fighter who is adept in both melee combat with his claws and ranged combat in his seemingly endless array of firearms. He is fully willing to use dirty tricks, mind games and low blows to get the edge in a fight.
Reten's body is embedded with Power Harmonious, which manifests as a metal band around his neck. From this necklace Cyrium manifests in shards to coat Reten in armour of varying degrees. Reten can utilize this Armoured form to gain more defensive and offensive options at the cost of speed due to the weight of the armour.
Reten doesn't use his 25% form regularly, often using it when he needs a quick speed boost while using 50% or to quickly add some extra power to his claws. Reten's speed isn't too effected by this form but he's still not at max speed.
This is the type of Armoured form Reten usually uses, with 50% of his body mass covered by armour. He's noticably slower at this speed but is covered in alot of armour, including pauldrons that when Reten focuses will eminate slight repulsion fields that will push away attacks or projectiles of a low enough magnitude.
50% Armour: Blade Mode
An alternate form of 50% Armour that uses extra Cyrium mass to create long blades that cover his hands. The blades are deadly but come at the cost of motor functions and that Reten cannot utilize the blades in 100% form.
50% Armour: Blade Mode EX
A sorta joke form in which Reten utilizes EX Energy, but only in this specific sidegrade of a variant of a form. Reten's pretty fast in this form, even faster than his regular form and has all the other benefits EX Energy provides a person, presuming he'd actually use this hyper-specific form...
The maximized pinnacle of the Armoured form, 100% Armoured Reten not only gets full armour including cyrium nanites woven into his coat and a dragon-shaped helm but he also gains the Harm Boosters, a set of hovering cyrium jets. The boosters connect to Reten telephatically and allow him to increase his speed to 25% Armour levels or even fly. The boosters use up Cyrium meaning this form cannot be sustained unless Reten wants to move at a snails pace.
Reten was born in a rich family on Zeon, his father being an arms manufacturer. Despite this Reten spent most of his time in the slums below his neighbourhood, scavenging for scrap and picking fights. At 13 his Father inducted him into a Black Ops Child Soldier Program, done by the Zeonian Government to try and combat the Catonean Emperor Sudanima who was locked in war with them. He was prophecized to defeat Sudanima, although the actions of another Beorn meant he was merely an assistant to this prophetic battle, which was lost by The Ox and caused the eventual destruction of his planet. Sometime between the loss and Zeon's destruction Reten had formed a gang called The Lamenters and gone off-planet. The gang became a mercenary clique and a successful one at that. After The Bohemian, a member of the group, sold out the Lamenters to Sudanima causing them to scatter and Reten to re-build the Lamenters with new and old members.
Phase 2 - Lamenter Til I Die
With this 2nd formation of the group Reten began taking jobs again, his final one being the infamous Huxxabu siege that destroyed the Neotendoverse on a multiversal scale this became known among some groups as "The day the UPF lost" due to them having to destroy the universe instead of capturing it. Reten's actions in this event boosted him up to the No. 1 most wanted spot on the UPF's list. After its destruction Reten, a Huxxabu native named Ruby and the UPF drone Meta-Form Prime were all sent hurtling into the New Fantendoverse, specifically into their Earth's Nevada Desert. A U-Hive pod soon landed in the area, the intense Keterwave radiation causing the artificial Beorn inside to gain Reten 's memories, becoming Spree. The 3 soon defeated Meta-Form and began hopping around Nevada.
Phase 3 - Dead World, TBC
Reten's allies, Spree and Ruby, end up captured by the private military group the Lanch Kraken Coalition and Reten breaks in rather loudly to break them out. After a jailbreak, a fight and plenty of property damage Reten ends up catured as well until the PMC's leader Latt Ai hires them for a job. They, along with a large amount of expendable LKC soldiers, are sent to the hovering Godfortress currently floating above Nevada to fight The Tragedy's forces.
Thorn and Reten are a textbook example of blood siblings. The two have fought innumerable battles together and have become fast friends.
The two have a bitter rivalry and while they dont hate eachoother enough to kill, they certaintly hate eachother enough to compete recklessly and argue constantly. Primeval Thorn thinks that the pair need to "either fight or fuck" which Reten finds to be a fucking stupid analysis of their bitter hatred for eachother.
Reten sees Spree as a brother of sorts and the two often reminisce over Reten's past. He's kinda protective of Spree aswell.
Reten doesn't think much of Plum, not being as hung-up on his species' extinction as she is. However, he respects her fighting ability and enjoys working with eachother.
Reten has a respect for Domino as a fellow bounty hunter/thrillseeker but thinks he's overly cocky and doesn't use his ability to its full potential.
Reten respects Kaiden's fighting ability but finds his social awareness and lack of knowledge of the outside world amusing at best and annoying at worse.
Reten gets on extremely well with Fera, bonding with her over military service and their similar outlooks on friendship and life. That being said the Terran doesn't approve of his more morally ambiguous dealings and methods.
Reten finds Meta-Form to be a bit of a dork and is annoyed by him while Meta-Form finds Reten's methods reprehensible. Despite these differences the two will work together if necessary and in fact work well together.
Reten enjoys Gregor's company due to his laidback demeanour, though their first meeting ended with Gregor nearly getting shot after popping out of the beorn's shadow.
Reten and Mynis are brothers-in-arms, bonding over their shared prodigy status and their flair for the dramatic. Reten often uses Mynis's ineptitude to his advantage, unbeknownst to the brown beorn.
During his tenure on Satellite 15 Reten grew to consider Silver a close friend, as the Zaxinian had been both a tour guide and ally while he was there. The two make a pretty formidable combo in combat thanks to their pooled versatility.
Reten and Zonas had a rough start due to their first interaction being him trying to arrest Silver but upon their second meeting this was patched over, with Reten growing to like the demon. He thinks he's kinda cute.
Mania was in fact the first person Reten met on the Satellite and despite working on opposite sides they had a pretty courteous relationship, with Reten commisioning the cyborg to build him a new pistol, which became Lulu. As they continued to cross paths they grew a fast friendship, with Reten having...confusing feelings for Mania, to say the least.
If you want to know how Reten would relate to your character then put them here I guess idk
Shards of Reality
Reten Ozzy Prime
- His themes, according to his creator, are DottiR's Born To Kill and Biting Elbow's Bad Motherfucker.
- As an alternate universe version of Unten, he serves as one of the original thematic antithesises. This is shown in several ways:
- His color scheme is an inversion of Untens with his eyes being the reversed colors and his fur being orange, a complimentary color of blue.
- While Unten traditionally relies on his moderate power and diplomatic skills in conflict Reten seems to go in the reverse direction, forgoeing diplomacy for a strong and varied powerset and a ruthless demeanor.
- Reten discarded his last name while Unten gave himself one.
- Reten's core team compliments that of Untens. He frequently allies with a deranged doctor, another Beorn whom he shares both a rivallry and a past with and a metal-bender.
- Reten's life in his old universe had him killing Gods as a duty while Unten spent his original existence and much of his current one serving under Gods.
- Reten's pistols are references to SCUD: The Disposable Assassin. The pistols share similarities with SCUD's own pistols and are named after 2 SCUD models in the comic series.
- Reten is not Lanky Kong.
- He isn't Jar Jar Binks either dickface!
- Reten's motorbike is called the Maid-01 and is a heavily modified Harly-Davidson WLA. The bike was a piece of smuggler history in the Neotendoverse, being owned and added to by many high profile pilots and mercenaries. Reten's addition to the vehicle is a boombox on the side.
- Reten is among the richer characters in the New Fantendoverse thanks to a combination of him selling objects that existed only in his universe, (such as an extra 5 seasons of Firefly, a collection of Batman comics were Jason Todd wasn't killed and triangular kit-kats.) mercenary dealings and working for the Launch Kraken Coalition.
- Reten is hearing impaired and often wears special-made hearing aids. They are shaped to fit his beorn ears as well as reinforced to make them less likely to be destroyed during battle.
- Despite his vulnerability to Aura Reten can still theoretically challenge it, at great harm to himself. His aura color can be described as being the same as that of puddles of gasoline.
- Reten's new pistols, Lulu and The Gun With No Name were obtained during his visit to Satellite 15 and are named after a Metallica album and Clint Eastwood's character 'The Man with No Name' from the Dollars trilogy respectively.
- Every appearance of Reten is canon to his character unless it would be impossible to fit it in. This is because it's funny and silly.
- Reten possesses some of the greatest artifacts of Sigma Prime including Snaily Joe's shell, the GS Pokeball, the Flat Eric puppet and a token of unknown importance, signified by a mysterious symbol etched into it.
- How Reten's aura vulnerability would play into a hypothetical standing ripple of his is unknown, but it probably wouldn't be good.
- Reten's given full name, Reten Ozymandias Blumenkanye, comes from both the DC Watchmen character Ozymandias (who's name comes from the greek name for Ramses II) and a mashup of Kanye West and Kill La KIll music named Blumenkanye. Yeah.