|Kind of Item||Flower|
|First Appearance||Super Mario 64 DS|
|Activates a transformation|
| Red Watermelon|
The Power Flower is a power-up that appear in Super Mario 64 DS. They replace the power-ups functionally from the original Super Mario 64, as each character now has their own unique transformation when they use one.
When Mario uses a Power Flower, he's ready to float for a brief time, almost like the P-Balloon from Super Mario World. If Luigi uses one, he becomes Vanish Luigi, becoming partially immaterial and ready to move through certain objects to urge to new places, like the Vanish Cap. If Wario uses one, he becomes Metal Wario, gaining the power to fall underwater, also as having the ability to face up to great winds. When Yoshi uses an Power Flower, he gains fire breath which will melt ice and damage enemies, like eating red watermelons or fire-based enemies within the Yoshi franchise. Power Flowers were originally unlocked after pressing the ? Switch in Tower of the Wing Cap in Super Mario 64 DS.
- Toad - When Toad uses his Blue Flower, he activates a Mushroom Shield which makes him invincible and stronger.
- Mario - When Mario uses his Red Flower, he transforms into Fire Mario which allows him to throw fireballs.
- In the Switch remake, when Mario uses his Red Flower, he activates Posi & Nega from Super Mario Allies which allow him to extend his limbs to ludicrous lengths, allowing him to easily reach new areas and defeat enemies from a distance. Concept created by TheRandomBlock (talk) 17:40, July 1, 2020 (UTC).
- Luigi - When Luigi uses his Green Flower, he uses the Poltergust 3000 which allows him to suck up enemies and items from far away.
- Wario - When Wario uses his Yellow Flower, he transforms into Gold Wario which allows him to shoot golden balls which create lots of coins and kill special enemies.
- Princess Peach - When Peach uses her Pink Flower, she activates Perry the Parasol which gives her an extended float.
- Waluigi - When Waluigi uses his Purple Flower, he transforms into Thunder Waluigi which allows him to throw lightning bolts.
Power Flowers return in Super Mario 64 3DS and continues to be color coded for each character.
- Toad - When Toad uses his Blue Flower, he transforms into Spring 'Shroom Toad which gives Toad spring shoes. Toad can bounce anywhere for the time limit. The spring 'shrooms are upgraded versions of Spring Mario, as you can bounce higher than before.
- Mario - When Mario uses his Red Flower, he transforms into Vanish Mario which allows him to slip through walls and can pass enemies without being attacked. He can even go through certain flooring.
- Luigi - When Luigi uses his Green Flower, he uses the Poltergust 5000 which allows him to suck up enemies and items from far away and then fire them from the vacuum.
- Wario - When Wario uses his Yellow Flower, he transforms into Magnet Wario which allows Wario to grab coins and certain blocks with a magnet symbol. After completing a level and finding a Power Star, Wario can also pull those to him as well.
- Princess Peach - When Peach uses her Pink Flower, she uses a Parasoul that lets the princess float higher than ever! She can especially fly well over windy areas shooting out wind. The parasol can also be used as a defense against enemies.
- Waluigi - When Waluigi uses his Purple Flower, he jumps atop a Coin Snake that can fly at full speed towards wherever you want. Enemies that touch the sides of it turn gold, and when defeated give you coins. The front of the snake is an instant kill to most enemies
- In the Super Mario Mash-Up Pack for Minecraft, Poppies are replaced by Power Flowers.