|Oshawott did not originate from fanon, and the information on this page may not be entirely accurate to their canon. You may read more about this subject in the context of their canon on the following wiki(s):|
|Category||Sea Otter Pokémon|
|National Dex Nr.||#501|
|Unova Dex Nr.||#007|
|First Appearance||Pokémon Black and Wwhite|
|Latest Appearance||Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire|
|Ability/ies|| Torrent |
(Hidden: Shell Armor)
|Average Weight||88.2 lbs.|
Oshawott (Japanese: ミジュマル Mijumaru) is a Water-type Pokémon. It evolves into Dewott starting at level 17, which evolves into Samurott starting at level 36. Along with Snivy and Tepig, Oshawott is one of three starter Pokémon of Unova available at the beginning of Pokémon Black, White, Black 2, and White 2.
Oshawott is a bipedal sea otter-like Pokémon. It has a spherical white head with small, triangular dark-blue ears on the sides. Oshawott's eyes are dark and its dark orange nose is shaped like a horizontal oval. Several freckles cover its cheeks which may be premature whiskers, and two pointed teeth can be seen when it opens its mouth. The light blue fur on its body forms bubble shapes around its neck. Its arms are white and rounded, while its feet are dark blue with three toes each. It also possesses a rudder-like dark blue tail. It carries a pale yellow seashell called a "scalchop" on its belly. This shell is made of the same material as its claws, and is used for both battle and cracking hard berries.
- Oshawott and its fellow Unova starter Pokémon were first revealed as silhouettes on the May 9, 2010 episode of Pokémon Sunday. They were later revealed in full in the June 2010 issue of CoroCoro.
- Oshawott has the lowest base stat total of all Water-type starter Pokémon.
- Oshawott is the only Water-type starter Pokémon that is not a member of the Water 1 Egg Group.
- Oshawott, along with Snivy and Tepig, has the lowest base experience yield, with a base of 28.
- Oshawott was designed by Yūsuke Ōmura.
Despite his victory against Kirthar, He's one of the victims of the Kirthar's Snap Finger.
← #500: Emboar
#502: Dewott →