|Developer(s)|| Bandai Namco Entertainment, Inc.|
|Media Included||Arcade machine|
Mario Kart is a racing game for the arcade. These arcade machines can be found in various arcades and in Dave & Busters.
To play the game, players must insert coins. While at Dave & Busters, they must use a game card. This arcade game can be updated regularly to the latest version via internet connection by an arcade administrator using a specific code or password to get into the online features to update.
The arcade machine features a specially designed 24-inch 4K HDR display at a refresh rate of 60hz and 1ms response time. Sound speakers with hi-res stereo sound are built on the machine for crisp and distortion-free sound. Built inside the machine are specially designed NVIDIA chips with G-Sync to ensure smooth, distortion-free gameplay. Attached to the machine is a steering wheel and two foot pedals (acceleration and brake). From 2-8 machines may be adjacent to each other for multiple players.
From one to eight players may play. There are two options; Race Mode and Battle Mode. In Race Mode, racers can select a single track. Each racer must complete three laps to finish the race. No cups are listed in this game. In Battle Mode, players have three balloons, and using shells or bananas peels causes racers to lose their balloons when hit by these items. If all three balloons are gone, the racer loses. The last racer remaining wins.
Palette swaps & alternate forms
- Main article: Mario Kart (arcade)/Palette Swaps
Alternate colors are featured for all characters for the first time in Mario Kart history. Also, their alternate forms are featured in a single character.
- Baby Mario
- Baby Luigi
- Baby Peach
- Baby Daisy
- Baby Rosalina
- Honey Queen
- Dry Bones
- Hammer Bro
- Shy Guy
- Bowser Jr.
- Dry Bowser
- Petey Piranha
- King Boo
- Donkey Kong
- Donkey Kong Jr.
- Diddy Kong
- Dixie Kong
- Funky Kong
- Mario Highway - Mario Kart GP
- Mario Beach - Mario Kart GP
- DK Jungle - Mario Kart GP
- Bananan Ruins - Mario Kart GP
- Diamond City - Mario Kart GP
- Snow Panic - Mario Kart GP
- Pac Mountain - Mario Kart GP
- Pac Labyrinth - Mario Kart GP
- Bowser's Castle - Mario Kart GP
- Castle Wall - Mario Kart GP
- Rainbow Coaster - Mario Kart GP
- Peach's Castle - Mario Kart GP DX
- Kingdom Way - Mario Kart GP DX
- Splash Circuit - Mario Kart GP DX
- Tropical Coast - Mario Kart GP DX
- Bon Dance Street - Mario Kart GP DX
- Omatsuri Circuit - Mario Kart GP DX
- Aerial Road - Mario Kart GP DX
- Sky Arena - Mario Kart GP DX
- Pac-Man Stadium - Mario Kart GP DX
- Namco Circuit - Mario Kart GP DX
- Moo Moo Farm - Mario Kart 64
- Toad's Turpike - Mario Kart 64
- Royal Raceway - Mario Kart 64
- Daisy Cruiser - Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
- Waluigi Pinball - Mario Kart DS
- Daisy Circuit - Mario Kart Wii
- Daisy Hills - Mario Kart 7
- Cheep Cheep Lagoon - Mario Kart 7
- Music Park - Mario Kart 7
- Piranha Plant Slide - Mario Kart 7
- Mario Kart Stadium - Mario Kart 8
- Sunshine Airport - Mario Kart 8
- Electrodrome - Mario Kart 8
- Excitebike Arena - Mario Kart 8
- Mute City - Mario Kart 8
- Hyrule Circuit - Mario Kart 8
- Animal Crossing - Mario Kart 8
- Big Blue - Mario Kart 8