Mario & Nintendo All-Stars Racing is a racing game for the Nintendo Switch. Despite having "Mario" in the title, it is not a Mario Kart game. It also features a few non-Nintendo characters.
|Mario & Nintendo All-Stars Racing|
|Mode(s)|| Single player|
|Media Included||Nintendo Switch cartridge|
As one would imagine, Mario & Nintendo All-Stars Racing is a racing game. The overall gameplay is similar to the Mario Kart series, specifically Mario Kart 8 (Deluxe), as it keeps the anti-gravity mechanic. Characters have differing stats. However, they are restricted to one kart with corresponding colors, which resembles the Standard Kart from Mario Kart 8 (Deluxe). The game also has an Adventure Mode, like Crash Team Racing and Diddy Kong Racing.
Wizpig is back for revenge, and this time, he plans to take over all Nintendo universes. Taj manages to get all of the playable characters (the non-unlockable ones that is) at Timber's Island, and this is where the game begins.
- Adventure Mode*: This is the main mode of the game. The player will travel through 7 worlds. When the player wins all four races in a world, they will race against the world's boss on one of the tracks. Once the player defeats said boss, they gain access to the next world.
- Grand Prix*: The player races in each cup in 50cc, 100cc, or 150cc classes, with each class increasing in speed and difficulty. The player races against eleven CPU opponents, where the goal is to finish in first. When the player wins all cups in 50cc, 100cc, and 150cc, they unlock Mirror Mode.
- Time Trial*: The player races for the fastest time on a single course. The fastest record is saved as a "ghost", which can be raced against afterward.
- VS Race: Players can race with their own custom settings.
- Battle: Racers team up into two teams of six, and battle for the most points within 3 minutes. Items only work against the opposing team. The sub-modes are as following;
- Balloon Battle: Drivers use items to pop and/or steal each other's balloons in order to score points. When a driver loses all of their balloons, they are eliminated from the battle.
- Coin Runners: Drivers collect coins scattered across the course.
Characters are divided into five different wight classes, being (from lightest to heaviest) feather, light, medium, cruiser, and heavy. There are 12 characters in each class, making there 60 characters in total, with 30 being available from the start, and 30 being unlockable.