Kirby and the Ancient Scourge is a platforming game in the Kirby main series. It will be developed by HAL Laboratory and published by Nintendo in late 2019 for the Nintendo Switch. Kirby and the Ancient Scourge incorporates 3D gameplay as seen in Kirby: Triple Deluxe, but mostly sees the use of the linear gameplay used in Kirby: Star Allies.
One fateful day, a strange fortress falls upon Popstar, and begins to suck the brightness on the said planet. Intrigued by the fortress' sudden appearance, Kirby goes on a journey to investigate and recover the brightness lost on Popstar. Defeating Stony Woods, Kirby enters the fortress, finding a tablet along with Mini Matter...
- World 1 - Popstar (grass and forest themed world)
- World 2 - Dezor (desert themed world)
- World 3 - Freezeye (arctic themed world)
- World 4 - Splashia (water themed world with islands)
- World 5 - Atmos (sky themed world)
- World 6 - Magmar (volcanic themed world)
- World 7 - Mecharia (mechanical themed world)