|Other Super Smash Bros. Appearances|| |
Kirby is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Calamity. A pink, soft ball with arms and feet and a unquenchable starve for inhaling things that ranges from food to creatures. Kirby usually fights the brotherhood of darkness and evil along with his allies who partner up with him during the course of each game.
Majority of his moveset has been changed.
- Side tilt is a broom sweep, which is weaker than his former side tilt.
- It is a great frontal approach prevention tool.
- Side smash is his former side special, a hammer swing, which is stronger than his former side smash.
- Up tilt is a rising uppercut, which is stronger and a good K.O move when sweetspotted.
- Unlike his former up tilt, it cannot combo into itself.
- Up smash is an uppercut with a stone fist, which is much more stronger than his previous up smash.
- It is also much more slower.
- Down tilt is his sliding attack, which cannot trip opponents at high percents.
- Down smash is a breakdance kick, which can hit multiple times and is stronger.
- Dash attack is a dash while forming into a wheel, which is faster and slightly more powerful than his previous dash attack.
- Forward aerial is a somersault kick with a crescent shaped flash at the end of the move, which is weaker than his former side tilt.
- It can follow up into another forward aerial and other aerials, improving his K.O potential.
- Up and down aerial involves Kirby using his parasol, with his up aerial being stronger in terms of damage and his down aerial being a weak meteor smash that drags opponents along with Kirby when he dives.
- Forward throw is a quick, strong punch that can kill at higher percents.
- Back throw is toss behind Kirby that can kill at higher percents.
- Up throw has a new animation and it doesn't involve Kirby leaping up high, passing the upper blast line.
- Side special is weaker than his former side special.
- Side special is a better horizontal recovery tool.
- Down special is weaker than it's previous incarnations.
- New Final Smash.
|Jab||Vulcan Jab||Kirby does two jabs followed by a flurry of vulcan jabs before throwing out a Smash Punch that launches opponents.||2%, 3% (first two hits), 1-2% (flurry), 6% (finisher)|
|Side tilt||Floor sweep||Kirby sweeps the floor with a broom. Similar to the Sweep move in his Clean/Broom ability moveset||11%|
|Side smash||Hammer swing||Kirby swings his hammer in front of him. Good killing move, but has lots of start-up lag. Borrows some inspiration from his Hammer ability in the Kirby games.||Uncharged, 16% Charged, 18% - 24%|
|Up tilt||Rising Break||Kirby does an uppercut, similar to his Rising Break move in his Fighter moveset. Moderate knockback when sweetspotted and can K.O around 90%.||12% (sweetspotted), 6% (sourspotted)|
|Up smash||Stone Uppercut||Kirby turns one of his stubs into a stone shaped fist and punches upwards with it. Very slow, but rewards with high damage and knockback with it. Similar to the Stone Uppercut move in his Stone ability moveset.||Uncharged, 18% Charged, 20%-36%|
|Down tilt||Slide kick||Similar to Mega Man's down tilt, Kirby does a sliding kick.||11% (clean), 6% (late)|
|Down smash||Break Spin||Kirby spins on his head, hitting multiple times. Similar to the Break Spin move in his Yo-yo ability moveset.||Uncharged, 12% (if all hits connect) Charged, 15%-21% (if all hits connect)|
|Dash attack||Wheel Dash||Kirby turns into a wheel, dashing forward as one. Similar to his Wheel Dash move from his Wheel ability moveset.||10% (early), 5% (late)|
|Neutral air||Twinkle Star||Kirby spins around like a star, facing the screen.||11% early, 6% late|
|Forward air||Moon Somersault Kick||Kirby does a somersault kick in front of him, leaving being a crescent shaped flash after the move. Similar to his Moon Somersault Kick move in his Fighter ability moveset.||7%|
|Back air||Reverse dropkick||Kirby kicks behind him with both of his feet.||14% (early), 10% (late)|
|Up air||Parasol thrust||Kirby thrusts his parasol above him, after the move, holding down the up stick/pad will cause Kirby to float down with it, releasing it causes him to enter a free-fall state.||11%|
|Down air||Parasol Dive||Kirby dives diagonally downwards, twirling his parasol around him. Similar to the Parasol Dive move in his Parasol ability moveset. Hits multiple times and weakly meteor smashes opponents.||12% if all hits connect|
|Grabs and throws|
|Grab||Foe grab||Kirby grabs the opponent with one of his stubs.|
|Pummel||Stub jab||Kirby jabs the opponent with his stub. Fast pummel.||1%|
|Forward throw||Punching Arm throw||Kirby punches the opponent, sending them diagonally forward. Similar to the punching version of his Arm Throw move in his Fighter moveset.||11%|
|Back throw||Judo Throw||Kirby tosses the opponent behind him.||10%|
|Up throw||Air Drop||Kirby leaps high into the air and slams the opponent onto the ground. Somewhat similar to the Air Drop move in his Ninja ability moveset.||9%|
|Down throw||Fury Stomp||Kirby slams the opponent on the ground and stomps on them multiple times. Similar to his Quick Stomping/Fury Stomp move in his Suplex moveset.||2% (slam), 1% (first six hits), 4% (last hit)|
|Neutral special||Inhale||An iconic move from Kirby, he starts inhaling (then Super Inhaling a few seconds later if the special button is held down), dragging the opponent in his stomach should they touch the inhale's hitbox. Kirby can then either star spit them out, dealing fixed frontal knockback, or swallow them whole, copying their neutral special.||10% (spit), 12% (star, early), 7% (star, late), 3% (copy)|
|Side special||Wheelie Rider||Kirby starts riding on Wheelie, rushing into opponents to damage them. Can fire star bullets that deal damage, but doesn't have any knockback and, should it be spammed, any hitstun.||12% (wheelie), 4%-1% (star bullets).|
|Up special||Final Cutter||On the ground, Kirby will slash the opponent with his Cutter boomerang, which can lead to many hits should the opponent get hit by the first slash and if the special button is tapped/held down. After the next few slashes, Kirby will leap into the air, slashing the opponents upwards and slams downwards, creating a slash wave after hitting the ground.|
In the air, Kirby simply slashes upwards and doesn't do the combo. If the special button is held down when he is slashing upwards, he will slash downwards, meteor smashing opponents and often times leading to a suicide if performed off-stage.
|4% (on the ground, first slash), 2% (on the ground, other slashes), 3% (leaping slash), 8% (final slash), 3% (slash wave)|
|Down special||Stone||Kirby turns into a stone object and slams downwards. Can turn into many things, varying to a statue of a strong-man, one of the Kirby characters and other characters from Nintendo, to a Brick Block, to a Thwomp, etc, but those are for special effects and don't change how much damage the move does. The forming rocks deal damage and push opponents away from Kirby.||8% (forming rocks), 12% (stone)|
|Final Smash||Hypernova||Kirby inhales a Miracle Fruit and gains the Hypernova ability. He then starts inhaling, catching anyone caught in the inhale's hitbox, spitting them out when the move ends.||2% (inhale/inside Kirby), 8% (spit)|
- Kirby has the most changes in his moveset out of any character in the game, at fifteen moves changed, more than half of his moveset.