|Kirby: Cosmic Amalgam|
|Developer||Ice Bear Phantom|
|Platforms|| Nintendo Switch|
|Rating|| E (ESRB)|
Kirby: Cosmic Amalgam is an addition to the Kirby series. It focuses on Kirby's journey to rescue the creatures of Dream Land, who have been combined into dangerous fusions.
Meta Knight's Potential
Kirby's copy ability mechanics have been changed. There is now a menu that can be accessed in-game with a simple button press (or on the touch screen in the 3DS version) that is meant to depict Kirby's stomach. With this, Kirby's copy abilities, in the form of stars, can be arranged, allowing the player to choose their ability. These stars are obtained by collecting them from copy-ability-possessing enemies if Kirby already has an ability. In Kirby's stomach menu, abilities can be fused by putting two compatible stars together.
|Ability||Returning or New?||
|Angelic||New||Is Kirby dead? No, it's the Angelic ability. Fly gracefully on your poofy wings and spread golden dust on your enemies. Unleash the light of Angel's Glow when you're surrounded to spread your justice in all directions!|
|Disc-Jockey||New||Time to set things r-r-right! While a disk jockey normally just sits at his booth, Disc-Jockey Kirby is active and ready to rock. Launch vinyl records like frisbees and unleash a Sound Wave to get your foes lost in the music!|
|Apollo||Angelic + Archer|
|Aquatic Plant||Leaf + Water|
|Conch Shell||Water + Bell|
|Crystal Shard||Mirror + Geode|
|Electro-Whip||Whip + Spark|
|Feline||Animal + Bell|
|Fire and Ice||Ice + Fire|
|Griffin||Animal + Angelic|
|Juggler||Circus + Parasol|
|Katana||Ninja + Sword|
|Ki Energy||Fighter + ESP|
|Paint Splatter||Tornado + Artist|
|Plasma Beam||Beam + Plasma|
|Poison Spores||Spore + Poison|
|Rolly Beetle||Beetle + Wheel|
|Stone Club||Hammer + Stone|
|Watercolor||Water + Artist|
|Whiplash||Whip + Needle|
- The first letters of the worlds (Cauliflower Cascade, Open Ocean, Magnificent Metropolis, Bluet Badlands, Illuminated Iceberg, Neon Neptune, Elusive Ending) spell COMBINE when put together, or COMBINED if the final boss stage "Dream Star" is counted.
- The Apollo ability is a reference to the Greek god of the same name, who is the god of archery.
- The ability's move set is also reminiscent to the Cupid ability from Kirby and the Amazing Mirror.
- Kirby's Feline ability's costume resembles Mario's similar Cat Bell transformation from Super Mario 3D World.
- Animal and Ghost are the two abilities in Cosmic Amalgam that have not been in a Kirby game for the longest amount of time. These two abilities have not been an available ability to Kirby since Kirby: Squeak Squad in 2006.