Hyrule Heroes is an upcoming battle royale game for the switch that will be released on October 9, 2019.
Players fight in 3d areas and deplete other players health. Like other Battle Royale games, the arenas start large, then shrink as the match goes on.
Each character has stats that determine how they fight.
- Speed: How fast the character is.
- Power: How strong their attacks are.
- Guard: How damage resistant they are.
Some characters have Special Skills, which grant them extra abilities.
- Swim: Characters with this ability can recharge health one time when touching water.
- Armor: Characters with armor are very damage resistant, but when they have taken enough hits, their armor runs out and it will be like fighting a normal character.
- Shield: Characters who carry shields in game, such as Link or Urbosa, can use their shield by pressing ZL or ZR. Shielding will block damage.
Runes are special attacks that are activated when found by a character. They appear around the stage in blue orbs, and are activated when they are broken.
- Stasis freezes nearby players for a few moments.
- Remote Bomb puts motion activated bombs around the battlefield.
- Amiibo drops large chests on nearby opponents.
- Cyronis cause large, climbable pillars to appear for a few moments.
There are 3 types of weapons, with one subcategory:
- Swords have medium reach and power
- Tridents have longer reach, but the same power
- Arrows have long reach, and are stronger the closer they hit
- Magic has a short reach, but is more powerful
Main Article: Hyrule Heroes/Quotes
Each character has specific win, loss, and match start quotes. These differ based on who they are facing.