Humans Vs. Aliens is a multiplayer strategy game made by KP Shadow and released on WiiWare and DSiWare
The story is a simple, NES-era-esque story: Aliens have invaded small-town America, and you have the choice of conquering it as the aliens, or fighting back as the local residents.
This game is a turn-based strategy game based around a grid. Each group has four standard melee units, three berserker melee units, two standard ranged units, one berserker ranged units, one vehicle unit, and a research lab for holding captive enemy units.
- Standard Melee units: Can only attack units adjacent to them and can only move 4 spaces per turn; have average attack and defense. Appears as an average citizen for humans, and an average alien similar to the Greys for aliens
- Berserker Melee units: Can only attack units adjacent to them and can only move 7 spaces per turn; have higher attack but lower defense than Standard Melee units. Appears as a panicking citizen for humans, and an enraged alien similar to the Greys for aliens.
- Standard Ranged Units: Can attack enemies within four spaces of them, but can only move four spaces per turn; have average attack and defense Appears as a ninja (stated in the manual to be a bunch of nerds who took their interest in ninjas a bit too far) for humans, and an alien resembling the greys holding a phaser gun and wearing a purple belt for the aliens.
- Berserker Ranged unit: Can attack enemy units within four spaces of them, and can move 7 spaces per turn; have high attack and low defense. Appears as a stereotypical redneck holding a shotgun for humans, and an enraged alien resembling the Greys holding two phaser guns for the aliens.
- Vehicle Unit: Can move 10 spaces per turn, and can attack enemy units within three spaces of them; have somewhat above-average attack and defense. Can capture enemy units. Appears as a van with two uzi-wielding passengers for the humans, and a UFO for aliens.
- Research Lab: The only stationary unit. Holds enemy units for research, which will boost the stats of ally units.