|Haunter did not originate from fanon. This article can be edited freely by everyone in the community.
Despite covering an existing subject, this article may include related Fantendo content. These external sources may have more official information:
|National Dex Nr.||#093|
|Average Height||5'03" (1.6 m)|
|Average Weight||0.2 lbs. (0.1 kg)|
Haunter is a purple Pokémon with a gaseous body. It has a round head with a pair of disembodied hands. Each hand has three pointed fingers. Its head is flanked by three large, spiked protrusions on either side, and its eyes are large and triangular with small pupils. The gases composing its head curve down to form several pointed teeth framing a pink mouth and a long tongue. Its body tapers into a jagged tail.
Haunter hides in very dark places, where it plots to take the life of the next living thing that comes near it. It silently stalks its victim and steals its life force with a lick from its gaseous tongue, which inflicts convulsions that persists until the victim dies. It has the ability to float through solid walls. Despite its predatory nature, it has been known to entertain and prank people in the anime, and it has even been shown to feel intense loyalty to a deceased Trainer. Haunter lives or near graveyards and dark, abandoned caves.
- In the Pokémon Red and Blue beta, Haunter's prototype name was "Spectre".
- At 0.2 pounds, Haunter is tied with Gastly and Flabébé as the lightest Pokémon.
- Haunter has a slightly different cry starting in Generation III.
- No other Pokémon have the same type combination as Haunter and its evolutionary relatives.
- Due to its unique type combination, Haunter and its evolutionary relatives are the only Ghost-type Pokémon that are weak against Psychic-type moves and also the only Poison-type Pokémon that are weak against Dark-type moves.
- Haunter and its pre-evolution Gastly are the lightest of all Poison-type Pokémon and Ghost-type Pokémon.
← #092: Gastly
#094: Gengar →