Haruka Amami (天海 春香 Amami Haruka?) is the main heroine in THE iDOLM@STER franchise developed by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment since 2005. She is an idol at 765 Production. Haruka made her first appearance as one of the playable characters of the arcade game THE iDOLM@STER, released in 2005. Since then, she has become one of THE iDOLM@STER's primary original characters and continues to be one of the franchise's most recognizable icons. Her most recent appearance was in THE IDOLM@STER STELLA STAGE.
She is voiced by Eriko Nakamura.
Haruka is a optimistic and enthusiastic girl with a love for singing where her personality makes it easy for her to get along with most people she meets and she's commonly thought to just be a normal girl.
However, she is shown to be clumsy, often tripping and falling over nothing. Despite this, she loves to engage in physical activities, such as dancing or sporting events.
Haruka lives in the Kanagawa prefecture with her father and mother where she is a high school student, but her exact school year is never mentioned.
Haruka's main hobby is baking a variety of sweets and she enjoys sharing them with those at the office. She'll usually spend her days off either researching new recipes, or trying to replicate cakes from her local bakery.
Aside from baking, Haruka also enjoys singing karaoke and having long phone calls with her friends.
- The name Haruka means "spring" (春) (haru) and "fragrance, fragrant" (香) (ka).
- Haruka's surname Amami means "heaven, sky" (天) (ama) and "sea, ocean" (海) (mi).
She appears as a newcomer, alongside of Chihaya as echo fighter.
She appears in the chapter 7: Boombastic!, when the Dimenstruction Army interrupted the concert of the idols.
Haruka Appears as a Solo Unit.
- Haruka is always shown to be wearing hair decorations of some kind, most commonly twin ribbons or twin barrettes.
- Haruka prefers to practice outdoors due to a childhood memory .
- Haruka's family is very optimistic and cheerful that they enjoy spending time together.