|Glaceon did not originate from fanon. This article can be edited freely by everyone in the community.
Despite covering an existing subject, this article may include related Fantendo content. These external sources may have more official information:
|Category||Fresh Snow Pokémon|
|National Dex Nr.||#471|
|Sinnoh Dex Nr.||#170|
|Other Regional Dex Nr(s).|
|First Appearance||Pokémon Diamond and Pearl|
|Latest Appearance||Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire|
|Ability/ies|| Snow Cloak |
(Hidden: Ice Body)
|Average Weight||57.1 lbs.|
Glaceon (Japanese: グレイシア Glacia) is a Ice-type Pokémon.
Glaceon is a quadruped, mammalian creature covered in light-blue fur that can be frozen into sharp quills. It has long, pointed ears, dark eyes, and a small nose. Glaceon has two dark blue, rhombus-shaped markings on its back, and the tip of its tail and feet the same shade of blue. It appears to be wearing a teal tuque on its head and it has two teal dangles, one on each side of its head. This Pokémon is able to create small ice crystals around it by controlling its body temperature. Glaceon is usually found in urban areas under the care of humans. It is rarely found in the wild.
- Glaceon's Japanese name is the same as the English name of a member of the Hoenn Elite Four.
- According to the Diamond and Pearl Pokédex, Glaceon, Leafeon, and Umbreon have identical footprints.
- As there is no Ice Rock in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, it is impossible to evolve Eevee into a Glaceon in these games. The same applies for Magnezone, Probopass, and Leafeon. All have to be traded from Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum to be obtained.
- Despite Eevee being obtainable before the Pokémon League in Pokémon Black and White Versions 2, it can not evolve into Glaceon until after the Elite Four is defeated. The same applies with Leafeon.
- Glaceon shares its species name with Vanillite. They are both known as the Fresh Snow Pokémon.
Like many of the Eeveelutions, Glaceon shares characteristics of foxes, dogs and cats. It is more closely based on an arctic fox, due to their habitat. However, its large ears are similar to a fennec fox.
Glaceon is a combination of glace (French for ice) or glacier (a large, slow moving mass of ice on land) and eon (an immeasurably long period of time, possibly referring to how long evolution takes naturally). Eon is a suffix all Eevee evolutions share and was Eevee's English prototype name. Its name may also be an anagram of the English word congeal (meaning to freeze).
Glacia may derive from glace (French for ice), glacier (a large, slow moving mass of ice on land), or grace (as in graceful).
← #470: Leafeon
#472: Gliscor →