Mandrag Ganon, more commonly known as Ganon and originally as Gannon, is a massive beastly pig form of Ganondorf and the main antagonist of The Legend of Zelda series. Ganon is the form that Ganondorf assumes by harnessing the power of the Triforce of Power, and is a large, and often-porcine, beast that is quite possibly the most powerful being in all of existence (save for possibly the Goddess Hylia). Unlike the other main characters in the Zelda series, Link and Princess Zelda, Ganondorf has only been reincarnated on a single occasion (in Four Swords Adventures), and thus the design of Ganon may reflect his current age or health; Ganon's design from Ocarina of Time is a bipedal monster wielding two swords after Ganondorf manages to conquer Hyrule, while his design in Twilight Princess is a sturdy quadruped after escaping from his planned execution. In The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ganon has been completely consumed by his malice and greed and has come to be known as Calamity Ganon.
While he is not playable in the Super Smash Bros. series, he does appear as the Final Smash of Ganondorf; Brawl and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U use the Twilight Princess design of Ganon, while Ultimate uses the Ocarina of Time design. Ganon also appears as a boss in the Classic and Adventure Modes of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
Ganon will appear as a boss in Second Era: The Silver Sun along with Ganondorf. He takes on his Twilight Princess appearence.
- Ganon's full name, Mandrag Ganon, was originally used in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. It has not been used since, and has been removed from all remakes of the game.
- Supposedly, Mandrag Ganon means "Ganon of the Enchanted Thieves".
- Ganondorf - Ganon's true form.
- Calamity Ganon - The form Ganon takes in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Toon Ganondorf - Ganon's true form, as he appears in the cel-shaded Zelda titles