During the early days, Swapnote was at peace, and, somehow, the emotions and desires of the Miis who inhabit the realm grew powerful enough, that they began to seep through to the void between worlds, and manifest into physical form. Nikki, Swapnote's god, soon became aware of what was happening, and, using her power, brought the strange emotion beings into her realm, erasing their memories of the void, and dubbing them "Emotiens". For a while it was beleived that Nikki had created them, that is, however, until one of the Miis, Elise, revealed she was responsible, and renamed them all based on their gender and what they manifested. Emotiens still manifest and are brought to Swapnote to this day, although at a much slower rate than originally.
- Haterman ~ manifestation of hatred
- Lovergirl ~ manifestation of love
- Staredude ~ manifestation of obsession
- Indifferentboy ~ manifestation of indifference
- Insecurewoman ~ manifestation of uncertainty
- Ragedude ~ manifestation of anger
- Snarkerwoman ~ manifestation of snarkishness
- Dudedawg ~ manifestation of curiosity
- Hat Person ~ desire for hats
- Crownface ~ desire for power
- Officer Justice ~ desire for justice
- Repentboy ~ desire for repentance
- Lord Feel ~ known to have manifested from extreme quantities of every emotion, though also having a desire for power
- Creepyman ~ an Emotien-version of Arend, which Shifto transformed into
Apparently, all Emotiens, even ones not created by her, appear to have a strong amount of respect for Elise, it is unknown whether they actually worship her, but they probably don't. An example of this is how Haterman always agrees to star in Elise's Swapnote arcs, despite the fact that he would rather not.