Fallout: New Vegas Remastered is a 2019 action-roleplaying game developed by Obsidian Entertainment along with Ace High Software and published by Bethesda Softworks. Announced initially at the How the Grinch Stole the Holiday Showcase, the title is a remake and expansion of 2010's Fallout: New Vegas utilizing Bethesda's new Exodus engine while also maintaining all locations, weaponry, and gear seen in the original and adding content onto it. New Vegas Remastered includes all the downloadable content from the original, several bug fixes, and a major graphical overhaul.
"The Courier, the player's character, was meant to deliver a package from Primm to New Vegas. However, they are intercepted by the Great Khans led by a mysterious man, who shoots them and takes the package, leaving the Courier for dead in a shallow grave. The Courier is later found by a robot named Victor and is taken to the settlement of Goodsprings, where Doc Mitchell saves their life. After the Courier is given some medical tests, the player is pushed back into the open world, and the quest "Ain't That a Kick in the Head" begins." - From Nukapedia, the Fallout Wiki
List of major changes between the original and Remastered
Besides containing the bug fixes from various patches to the original, the remastered version of New Vegas also contains several changes and alterations to the game not seen in any prior updates.
- Karma and reputation values are now visible from the General tab on the player's Pip-Boy.
- Nearby quest-givers are marked on the player's compass with an orange gradient bar.
- Most characters have been given unique names, updated models, and new voices.
- Upon leveling up to any level which grants a new Perk, the player has the option of adding 1 to the value of a SPECIAL stat at the cost of three skill points.
- Magazines now work as they do in Fallout 4.
- You can now exchange goods for other goods when talking to merchants.
- Items from the Courier's Stash DLC packs can be obtained through several different quests;
- The Caravan Pack can be obtained by completing the quest "In the Land of Amber and Green". Talk to Ringo at the Crimson Caravan Company to start this quest.
- The Classic Pack can be obtained by completing the quest "This Old Vault".
- The Mercenary Pack can be obtained as a reward for completing any Gun Runner's Arsenal quest.
- The Tribal Pack is obtained by completing the Honest Hearts DLC.
- Load times have been reduced significantly between areas.
- The wall surrounding the Strip has received an expansion, appearing to surround the city in an energy-based dome rather than simply a makeshift wall.
- New post-game content has been added. Previous DLCs become available upon reaching a certain level.