|Empoleon is not from Fantendo. However, this article may include related fan ideas.
These external sources may have official, more accurate information:
This article is free to edit. Please follow the article standards and respect good-faith contributions.
|National Dex Nr.||#395|
|Sinnoh Dex Nr.||#009|
|First Appearance||Pokémon Diamond and Pearl|
|Latest Appearance||Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire|
|Average Weight||186.3 lbs.|
Empoleon is a large, navy blue, penguin-like Pokémon. It has a wide, yellow beak with three pointed horns that form a trident-shaped crest and small, blue eyes. Large horns are a symbol of leadership and strength for Empoleon. There is a blue marking resembling a crown over its eyes and a white, lacy marking running down its chest. A blue, fin-like projection forms a collar around its throat and runs down the length of its chest and belly. On its back are two raised, gold bumps and a second blue fin that forms its tail. It was wide, flipper-like wings rimmed with blue along the tips and three golden claws. The edges of these wings can slice through ice floes, and this Pokémon will use them to attack anyone or anything that damages its pride. Its yellow feet are webbed with three toes each.
- No other Pokémon has the same type combination as Empoleon.
- Empoleon has ten type resistances, due to its Steel-type qualities, the most of any starter Pokémon.
- Empoleon can learn seven HM moves, only excluding Fly, in Generation IV, the most of any starter Pokémon.
- Empoleon is roughly the same height as its namesake Napoleon Bonaparte.
- Empoleon is the only final form Sinnoh starter Pokémon not to have any starter type weaknesses.
← #394: Prinplup
#396: Starly →