|Dodrio did not originate from fanon. This article can be edited freely by everyone in the community.
Despite covering an existing subject, this article may include related Fantendo content. These external sources may have more official information:
|Category||Triple Bird Pokémon|
|National Dex Nr.||#085|
|Kanto Dex Nr.||#085|
|First Appearance||Pokémon Red and Blue|
|Latest Appearance||Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire|
|Ability/ies|| Run away, Early Bird |
(Hidden: Tangled Feet)
|Average Height||5'11" (1.8 m)|
|Average Weight||187.8 lbs. (85.2 kg)|
Dodrio is a large, wingless, three-headed avian Pokémon. Each head has a long, sharp beak and a black feathered, V-shaped crest. It has bristly brown feathers covering its heads and upper body, while its lower half has a smooth layer of black feathers. Its wingless body rests on two long and slender, but powerful legs with anisodactyl feet and sharp claws on each toe. Males have black necks, whereas females have brown necks; both genders have brown legs.
Each head has its own working brain and distinct personality, representing and expressing sorrow, anger and joy respectively. Despite being separate, it has the innate ability to use all three of its brains to collect data, formulate and then execute complex plans and strategies. However, on occasion it may over think and analyze a situation, causing itself to be immobilized and unable to carry out any action whatsoever. Being separate individuals on the same body, the heads are well known to squabble with one another. Often they will continue to bicker until they, or at least one of the heads gets to eat. This satisfies the other two heads, quelling them and temporarily ending their infighting.
- While one of its heads is saying something in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, the others say me too or mine too, but its pre-evolved form's other head will not.
- Dodrio's National Pokédex number is the whole number portion of its weight in kilograms. As of Generation V, this is a unique characteristic. However, Slowpoke and Scyther share the distinction when considering their respective weights in pounds.
- Not including the intro video, Dodrio was the first Pokémon to appear in the flesh in the anime (all others before that were either dreamt of by Ash, or else shown on the TV in his room).
- According to its Pokédex entries, Doduo can run at 60 mph, while Dodrio can only run at nearly 40 mph. However, Dodrio's base Speed stat is higher.
- Dodrio is featured in the Generation III wireless mini-game, Dodrio Berry Picking, where it is required that players own a Dodrio to be able to play.
- Before Generation IV, the necks of normal Dodrio were beige (which became the female neck color), while its pre-evolution's necks were black (which became the male neck color).
- Despite not having wings, Dodrio and its pre-evolution are capable of learning Steel Wing and Fly.
← #084: Doduo
#086: Seel →