|Dark Heart games|
|Founded at/in||January 2015|
|Headquarters||Rotterdam, The Netherlands|
|Area(s) Served||The Netherlands, Japan, Australia, United States, Suriname|
The company started with many fanon games mainly based on Nintendo games, primarily the main fanon games like Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart. They also have a Mario & Luigi game which is worked out very well. They did some other attempts at various fanon games before completely switching to original games.
The company made its best series with Dark Woods of which the first game was received very well, leading up to three sequels, a novel and being integrated into the Fantendoverse. The succesfull game serie was followed by one shot video games like One Life (which never reached completion) and Know Your Body, until it came to its next success the Doom Dome Battle series which spawned a total of five games.
Many original concepts for games were cancelled, either because there wasn't any interest in them by the community or when the developer didn't feel like it was a good concept. The First Summoning is one of these games, but the plot of the story was later worked into Doom Dome Battle 2 and Rokukai's Demon Bounty for compensation.
The company has two flagship characters. The original mascot of the game is Hein, who is the main protagonist of the Dark Woods series and is slightly based of the developer himself. Second is Pixel, a character without a game who the developer tries to play a more important role in the Fantendoverse.
List of Games
Also See: Dark Heart Games/Characters
- ↑ Many elements of the game were worked into the Doom Dome Battle series instead.
- In each major game there is a character who is a plague doctor, it is a recurring theme that the developer confirmed will be present in games he thinks would be great for a real game.
- Dark Woods has the Plague Master as one of its main character/antagonists. His real name is Nostradamus.
- Doom Dome Battle features a boss in Warriors of Babylon who is a plague doctor and represents Pestilence of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
- Crime Isle has Nostradamus as a playable character, representing the plague during the Black Death of 1566.
- Know Your Body has the Plague as a boss in the Pyloric Colosseum, he is the last boss fought there.