|Bellossom did not originate from fanon. This article can be edited freely by everyone in the community.
Despite covering an existing subject, this article may include related Fantendo content. These external sources may have more official information:
|National Dex Nr.||#182|
|Johto Dex Nr.||#086|
|Other Regional Dex Nr(s).|
Bellossom is a primarily green Pokémon with circular blue eyes and red markings on its cheeks. It has two bright red flowers on its head and green and yellow leaves around its waist that resemble a skirt, all adding to the appearance of a hula dancer. Bellossom's petals are said to be more beautiful the worse the Gloom it evolved from smelled. When it rubs the petals on its head together, it creates a pleasing sound. Bellossom does not possess feet; in the anime, its center-most leaves bent as it was getting ready to spring, suggesting that it uses its leaves as substitutes for feet or legs. However, the Pokédex does classify it as a biped.
Bellossom is often seen dancing and chanting. In particular, Bellossom dances when cloudy weather persists, or when the heavy rainfall season ends and it is drawn out by the warm sunlight. It lives in grassy plains.
- Bellossom is the shortest fully-evolved Pokémon at 1'04" (0.4 m).
- In its Gold and Silver artwork, and artwork made earlier, Bellossom's body is shown with a blue color instead of its usual green. This color is similar to that of its evolutionary relatives and its Shiny color in Generation II.
- Bellossom is the only single-type Pokémon that evolves from a dual-type Pokémon (thus the only Pokémon which loses its secondary type upon evolution).
- Bellossom shares its category with Vileplume and Bellsprout. They are all known as the Flower Pokémon.
- In Generation II, Bellossom could not learn Sludge Bomb from TM36, despite its pre-evolutions being able to do so. This was fixed starting in Generation III. The only other Pokémon to lose the ability to learn a TM upon evolution is Cinccino, which lost its ability to learn Thief from TM46 in Black and White. This was fixed in Black 2 and White 2.
← #181: Ampharos
#183: Marill →