- For the Character called Banana Jr. see here.
|Kind of Item||Fruit|
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong JR|
|Spins out any racer.|
| Gold Banana|
Bananas are a type of fruit that Donkey Kong and Yoshi love to eat. Banana Peels are also a common item in the Mario Kart series. They are a popular food in Isle Delfino. There is an alien banana called Xananab. In the game Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong can use a giant banana as a special attack.
Red Banana Peels
Red Banana Peels were introduced in Mario Kart: V² Circuit as an new item. These red bananas lit foes aflame, making their kart incredibly fast but made them lose most of their sense of control.
Green Banana Peels
Green Banana Peels were introduced in Mario Kart: V² Circuit as an new item. These green bananas ensnared foes into the ground, making them come to a complete halt for a short amount of time. You can boost upon the deactivation of this effect.
Blue Banana Peels
Blue Banana Peels were introduced in Mario Kart: V² Circuit as an new item. These blue bananas lit foes aflame, making their kart slippery, as if the kart was driving on ice, for 7 seconds.
Purple Banana Peels
Purple Banana Peels were introduced in Mario Kart: V² Circuit as an new item. These purple bananas made foes small, making them slower and harder to accomplish things like drifting.
Bananas will appear as normal items (like always) in Mario Kart: Unite.
Bananas appear in this game, being the most common item. If you slip on one you lose 5 coins.
Banana Peels appear as a common item across all placements in a race and act as they did in previous games. This game introduces four new Banana Peel items that have different effects when you drive over them:
- Red - Burns the kart and causes the kart to become faster but become harder to control.
- Green - Ensnares the kart to the ground for a temporary amount of time. The opponent can boost out of it once the time is up.
- Blue - Makes the kart's wheels slippery, as if they are on ice. This effect lasts 7 seconds in total.
- Purple - Makes the kart and it's driver tiny, making them slower and make things like drifting harder to pull off.