|Axem Rangers is not from Fantendo. However, this article may include related fan ideas.
These external sources may have official, more accurate information:
This article is free to edit. Please follow the article standards and respect good-faith contributions.
|First Appearance||Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (1996)|
AXEM BLACK: We live for disorder!
AXEM GREEN: We like what we do!
AXEM PINK: We struggle for chaos!
AXEM YELLOW: We are...
...the Axem Rangers!”
The Axem Rangers are a team of teenage members of the Smithy Gang that appear as a major boss in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. They appear towards the end of the game where they steal a Star Piece from Mario, Mallow, Geno, Bowser, and Peach in Barrel Volcano, and try to escape using the Blade. They are soon battled and defeated, allowing the heroes to reclaim the Star Piece.
The Axem Rangers are a parody of the Super Sentai series in Japan, which is the basis for the Power Rangers series in the United States.
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
The Axem Rangers first appear in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Mario and friends enter Barrel Volcano in search of the sixth Star Piece, said to be guarded by the Czar Dragon. Unbeknownst to them, Smithy had ordered the Axem Rangers to recover the Star Piece as well. Once the heroes defeat the Czar Dragon, they find the Star Piece, though the Axem Rangers steal it before they can claim it. Following this, they attempt to escape the volcano on their battleship, the Blade. Mario and co. chase the rangers down and battle them on the Blade.
In battle, all five Axem Rangers are battled at once, each having their own stats and attacks. They can be defeated in any order, and once defeated they will complain to Axem Red, who tells them to stand down (in Axem Red's case he will say his head is spinning and can't fight anymore). Once all five are defeated, they combine their strength and use the Blade's Breaker Beam to fire devastating blasts at the heroes. Ultimately, the rangers are defeated, and the Blade explodes. Mario and friends obtain the sixth Star Piece, and travel to Bowser's Keep to obtain the seventh and final one.
Later in the Factory, Machine Made versions of the Axem Rangers are mass produced by the Smithy Gang in their attempt to take over the Mushroom Kingdom. These are monochrome, but have similar abilities to the originals. They are also optional rather than boss fights.
The Axem Rangers return in Nintendo All-Stars Chess as Hero Pieces for Smithy's side. Unlike the rest of the Hero Pieces which have unique functions, the Axem Rangers instead are based off other Hero Pieces.
- Axem Red is a Hero Piece that is capable of moving up to two spaces in any direction. Axem Red captures another piece by occupying the space it's in. Axem Red can also jump over other pieces similar to a Knight. The functionality of Axem Red is identical to Mario's Hero Piece.
- Axem Green is a Hero Piece that can moves up to a square that is two squares away horizontally and one square vertically, or two squares vertically and one square horizontally, in a L-shape, although Axem Green can stop anywhere in between. Similar to a Knight, he can also leap over enemy and ally pieces. The functionality of Axem Green is identical to Luigi's Hero Piece.
- Axem Pink acts similar to a Queen piece, but with the additional functionality in that she can also jump over ally pieces, but is cannot interact with enemy pieces similar to a King piece. The functionality of Axem Pink is identical to Peach's Hero Piece.
- Axem Black is a Hero piece can move like a Knight or a Rook, but also grants Knights next to him the ability to move a like a Bishop. The functionality of Axem Black is identical to Geno's Hero Piece.
- Axem Yellow is a Hero Piece that is capable of moving to any 1 space in any direction. However, Axem Yellow can only capture diagonally, however he can capture multiple pieces in a single turn. This is known as a charge function. The functionality of Axem Yellow is identical to Wario's Hero Piece.