For more information about the character himself, see Mario.
The Mario figure is a character figure available in the first wave of amiibo figures. It was released on November 21, 2014 in North America.
Mario never hesitates to leap into action when there’s trouble in the Mushroom Kingdom. Known for saving the world (and Princess Peach) countless times from Bowser, Mario is a true super star. He's got amazing jumping skills and makes use of a wide range of transformations. Mario has also powered up into countless roles: referee, doctor, sportsman, dancer, kart racer, and many more.
Mario's style has evolved throughout his many adventures and challenges. This blocky, classic look harkens back to his design in the original Super Mario Bros.™ game that launched for the Nintendo Entertainment System™ in 1985. His iconic red overalls and brownish shirt represent the classic color scheme used in the original game.
Mario's style has evolved throughout his many adventures and challenges. This blocky, classic look harkens back to his design in the original Super Mario Bros.™ game that launched for the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1985. His blue overalls and red shirt represent his modern color scheme, and are mixed with the retro aesthetic of the original game.
Please attempt to keep this list updated.
- Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy + (2015; Nintendo 3DS)
- Amiibo Tap: Nintendo's Greatest Bits (2015; Wii U digital download)
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (2014; Wii U as of version 1.1)
- Hyrule Warriors (2014; Wii U)
- Hyrule Warriors Legends (2016; Nintendo 3DS)
- Mario Kart 8 (2014; Wii U)
- Mario Party 10 (2015; Wii U)
- Nintendo Presents: New Style Boutique 2 - Fashion Forward (2015; Nintendo 3DS)
- One Piece: Super Grand Battle! X (2014; Nintendo 3DS; Japan only)
- Super Mario Maker (2015; Wii U)
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (2014; Nintendo 3DS as of version 1.0.5)
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014; Wii U)
- Yoshi's Woolly World (2015; Wii U)
Please add your game if it makes use of the Mario Amiibo!
- Grand Theft Auto VI
- Super Smash Bros. Assemble
- ZombiU Remastered
- Super Smash Bros. Forever
- Ice Climber 2
- Super Fighting World
- Battle of Bracelets: The Origin of the Legend
- Misfits: Wertham Warfare
- Splatoon 2: Inkvasion
- Amiibo Test
- Turbo Kart Racer
- Super Mario Bros.: One Last Life
- Super Mario 3D: Magic Orb Legacy
- Super Smash Bros. Crusade
- Kirby Fighters Ultimate
- Run, Goomba, RUN!
- Super Mario Galaxy: Cosmic Combat
- Kirby Tennis
- Mario: Quest of Galaxies
- Mario Kart Hypercube
- Mining Quest
- Umbrella Waffle
- Trifecta: Multiverse Fighters
- Top Mushroom
- Super Bunea World
- Super Mario: Elemental Journey
- Super Wario Odyssey
- Fantendo Smash Bros. Victory - Unique amiigift wrapping and thematic prize
- Mario Kart: V² Circuit
- Mario Tennis: Heroes Vs Villains
- Koopalings: Twisted Soldiers-Special levels and secret cutscenes
- Mario is currently the amiibo with the most variations, with a total of nine as of writing.